Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
holy shit, you nailed Eddie's tone PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUDE THIS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one of my fav Van Halen tunes ever. THIS ROCKS!!! hahahaha, can't get over it. Keep it up man

·
Registered
479 Posts
pickdust679 said:
awsome eddie tone for sure . gotta love a well done van halen tune :jam:
couldnt have said it better......awsome job bro :thumb:

·
Registered
164 Posts
ok, i dont know who the fuck you are... but thats the best fuckin cover i ever heard in my fucking life, undisputable... that blew my mind how good that was...

great job... question tho... how long did you work on that piece, honestly?

·
40 ain't bad
99 Posts
Very nice. Great tone and timing. One of my all time favorite tunes. Brings back the 10th grade memories. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Awesome!
I'm in the process of recording it too, but I wish I could play as accurately as you do here. Good tone too. Too bad about the heavy Flange.

Thanks for sharing.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
excellent job!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the nice words guys. Been taking a break from my originals and having fun with some of the older VH stuff. I have been playing around with my gear for a few weeks trying to get close his early tone. It's fun and quite addicting. Still need to work on recording with Cakewalk though. As for how long it took, it was a second take. You'll notice a few small errors throughout and a mis-picked note at the start of the outro solo. Was too lazy to go back and re-record. I learned the song years ago so the rythym parts I've been playing for a long time. Not a ton of practice needed for those.

thanks again guys
Ebes

·
Registered
165 Posts
Great job....how did you apply the phase in line with the guitar or after you recorded on the mix...great hands..!!

Tell us what you use!! Great job..again

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks JDI62, I applied the flange while playing. (not in mixdown)
I'm using a Digitech GNX-1 for amp sounds and effects and an early 80's Yamaha SA2000S (ES-335 style) git. High output humbucker in the back. The sound is made up of a combination of a Marshall and a Bassman. A little reverb and some flanging. That's it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
That was friggin' great, man!!! I need to do this one. I can get this good tone on my GNX4. That's just awesome........ Go make some money dude... You got it...

·
Registered
442 Posts
great cover you nailed it.the flange kind of gives it a different flavor a little heavy but still works :rock:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts