Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's an acoustic medley for one of those Open Mic things, presuming I can mesmerize the words. I left a few bars open during Eleanor Rigby for anyone who wants to jam along at home! :grin: Pardon the sloppiness on the guitbox; this was one of those nights where it was like I was wearing boxing gloves.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Open Mic thing?,so this was live?......nice job bro:thumb: what did you use to record with?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comments, Skydog. I apologize for not being clear, this wasn't a live recording. I put this medley together with the intention of going out to do an Open Mic Night sometime. I haven't memorized all the words yet, so I'm not quite ready.

·
Registered
479 Posts
ksdb said:
Thanks for the comments, Skydog. I apologize for not being clear, this wasn't a live recording. I put this medley together with the intention of going out to do an Open Mic Night sometime. I haven't memorized all the words yet, so I'm not quite ready.
ahh....still liked it reguardless :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
cool :)

I'd never heard Imagine on guitar and it does sound great, man! The medley with ER sounds good as well; I like the little arrangements! Voice is good also!

Good job! :thumb:

Ben

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
nice stuff ksdb. I liked the arrangement of Eleanor Rigby especially :thumb:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many kind thanks, guitar-playing brethern! Just a reminder that I left some of Eleanor Rigby open for anyone to jam to and feel free to post it here if you come up with something cool. It's a fun one to play along to.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
You know as I was listening to this I had an idea. You really sound good on the John Lennon, as well as the McCartney. It would be great to just keep going and follow this with a Ringo tune (like Yellow Submarine), and then go into a George tune (like Here Comes the Sun) and do the whole medley! That would be very cool imo. Nice job KSDB!! Good luck at the open mic my friend!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3fingers said:
You know as I was listening to this I had an idea. You really sound good on the John Lennon, as well as the McCartney. It would be great to just keep going and follow this with a Ringo tune (like Yellow Submarine), and then go into a George tune (like Here Comes the Sun) and do the whole medley! That would be very cool imo. Nice job KSDB!! Good luck at the open mic my friend!! :thumbup:
I get by with a little help from my friends, but when I'm 64 it will feel like stawberry fields forever!

Actually, that's a cool idea, I hadn't thought about doing a full band acoustic tribute. Maybe I'll work up a second medley. Realistically if I did all four at once, I probably need to cut out some verses. Thanks for checking it out, I could play Beatles songs 8 days a week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts