Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a first time post of words I've written, so any feedback or thought is greatly appreciated. Just want to add that I really like this forum a lot.

It's very simply about getting things off your chest when they happen and not waiting. In this case until it's too late, never getting the chance to confront a loved one that wronged you, in person. Ultimately a different process after their gone.

“Unsaid”

Lost time has found regret… Unsaid things, still to say

Kept from you, but still are real...

Insulting nature… Words that passed, from you to me...

Sucked up, held in…What's been said, feelings fed...

Imprints left, goodbye… still with you, with me will die...

Nothing good, but what survived

the pieces swept, now realized...

Now you're gone, and the message missed

And what's unsaid, has followed you...

Words left unsaid… still find a way to be heard

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Thats pretty deep. There is quite a lot of bitterness in there, powerful stuff. :thumb:

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for checking this out Goport, means a lot... It used to be sore spot (tons of bitterness), but time heals all wounds and I'm not built for staying upset over things for too long. Hopefully, it will make it into some music someday. I don't really sing well. I had a band together, it fell through and now I'm in the process of rebuilding a new one.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Mate - I can't sing for toffee! I just try and find a range I am most comfortable in and try to be a bit confident about it. If singers were meant to be good, then Bob Dylan would have never been heard (and there are a few that would be happy with that :lol: )

Get yourself a mic and have a play with a decent recording package. Dabble with some midi and get your stuff recorded on your computer. whether you want to produce them as final, finished articles or just demos for your band - you at least get to hear it how you want it. If it is a demo then it is invaluable for explaining to the band exactly how you want the piece to sound.

It works for me anyhow :)

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Goport – Very much enjoyed the reference about Bob Dylan, I’ve seen him live 2 or 3 times, and it almost seemed like a different person each time… one performance however was really great. I am a big fan of his words though. I think of him as one of the great lyricists of all time. It’s funny that you suggested taking a stab at it (unsaid). I get together and jam with a friend every once in a while, and we record the sessions on his equipment and go back over the music with some improvisational singing afterwards… it’s always been the hardest part of the night for me, just green and lack experience more than anything else. However, the last time I think I found my voice? Or I found my range as you suggested and found I was starting to make some things happen. At least I didn’t cringe listening back. But my plan is to take the 8 or 10 original ideas I’m working on and get them to a demo level if nothing else to use as a reference while putting together a new team. Meeting tomorrow with some folks, hoping it goes well. Thanks for the tips, always welcomed and appreciated greatly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts