Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive been in Satriani Hell lately so heres some Satriani Heaven...oh so easy...Solos a little sloppy but being so long i stopped at about 5 takes....they were losing alot of energy torwards the end....i basically did my own solo w/ just joes intro...hope you like it...and thanks for all the incentive to do these songs that i love so much....Peace:bannana_g

Attachments

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Fantastic Joe! Started out a little slow for me, but love everything from the onset of your improv lead til the end (the beginning was good, but it was like, as soon as you busted out into that first lead section of your own improv, you seemed a lot more at ease playing the Joe parts that followed). Your own parts were more powerful than any of the Joe parts you played IMO, although you still played the Joe parts pretty darned true to the original. Not much more refining would is necessary at this point, unless you desire perfection.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks KC...yeah lately when i stop thinking about what im playing, i can be more expressive and risky, and the result has been some of the few things played back i can actully be satisfied with....its all about playing my own songs and it should all come together

Thanks Reza for checking it out. Your comment means so much!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was awesome axe, killa playing, awesome job!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
very well played axe , dont know the tune , but liked i listening to it anyway ! very mellow tone ,steady playing and feel really fits the bill , im gonna start listening more to this Satrinani fella , hes really cool and im missing out . nice post .:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Great tune! I havent heard this one before as I don't really listen that much to satriani. But I loved it when you got going after a while, then slowed it down again, and then got going again. Nice dynamic playing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
awsome guitar work, I like the original better but I still like your solo alot :thumb: maybe you'd work on "You Saved My Life" next :icon_cool

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Another great one

Cool stuff Joe!!!! Did the backing track have some really weird drum thing going on or was it just my low quality speakers?

This is another one of those "timing" songs, the notes aren't terribly hard for someone like you but that timing thing makes it that much more difficult.

Great playing and tone again man!!!! The inprov parts fit quite nicely!!!!!!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry satchmo..its your speaks..lol but thanks for your comments

and thanks everyone for the input...i think its a little shrilly and need some eq adjustments but im almost happy with it but im glad you guys dug it...Peace Brothers:bannana_g

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
I like what you did wit hte song man...took his solo's and some of your own work. Good just it sounded great man. Keep em coming my friend!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts