Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one's for my boy TopJimmy who loves this song. I found this backing and thought I'd give it a go. Hopefully this one's a little better than my last attempt at Sammy. Once again, all guts no brains.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Damn right I love this fcking song, thanks for dedictaing it to me Toastmaster!! Awesome job man, this kicked much ass!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hell yea! "Cream on my banana" I don't get it?? lol Awesome friggin job bro, that was a dead on cover! Great singing and playing.

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nooooooooooo, I only sang on this. I'm pretty sure the backing is Van Halen, lol. Now I can say I jammed with the boys. It's a dream come true. Now if only Wiz would let me wear that pointy hat with the stars and moons on it. Hmmm?

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
VanMan2000 said:
Nooooooooooo, I only sang on this. I'm pretty sure the backing is Van Halen, lol. Now I can say I jammed with the boys. It's a dream come true. Now if only Wiz would let me wear that pointy hat with the stars and moons on it. Hmmm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man nobody wears the hat, at least that is what he told me when I asked him if I could wear it
lmao!!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
HOLY FOCKING HELL!!!!!!!! This is outstanding!!!! Get em Toasty!!! Diggin your awesome job very much!!

You get downloaded and saved!

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
awsome as hell vanman...excellent job...as for the hat..jimmy has it now i gave it to him, he's the new guitarwizard..i been demoted....from now on i will just be carrying the one and only james limborg's luggage around

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for listen' guys, Posse in full effect. You my dawgs! Flai.. I mean Rock... Where you at?

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks man, hopefully I didn't discourage you from finding the original, lol.

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
you naled this one WTG-Sammy isn't easy to sing + EVH-wow, gr8 job.

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
Also- I am not "the Rock" nor would I want to be. He's my annoying cousin-AKA storm on the old GB site. When He learned of this site he came on just to cause grief.

·
Goddess of 101
606 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
VanMan2000 said:
This one's for my boy TopJimmy who loves this song. I found this backing and thought I'd give it a go. Hopefully this one's a little better than my last attempt at Sammy. Once again, all guts no brains.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jimmy should feel honored because that was hot! Great job. I really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
My, my, my, VanMan !!! The Toastmaster sure has been busy whilst I have been away !!!

You were a damn good act to begin with, but you have gotten better and better and have certainly gained more confidence. Your ego is going to hit dangerous levels soon !!!

Straight from the off, you come bursting out of those traps, with the aggressive first line.

Absolutely sterling job mate ! As ever, I assume you did the backing vocals yeah ? Everything was spot on, fantastic stuff mate ! A pleasure to listen to. You did a great job !

Brilliant Sammy !!! And brilliant Mikey backgrounds !!!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
WOW VM...I have to honestly say it's your best work to date IMO. You don't appear to be holding back anything in this one!

I hear you Mondo.....I also see the ego trip on the horizon....what's it gonna be next VM? After this one it's no more brown M&M's or you'll trash the place and refuse to come out. Then you'll make everyone sign away the rights to the band name if they all quit when you start spending $20,000,000 per video..

But really...this sounds like a new vocal direction for the toastmaster, in tune but just on the edge of singing and screaming...and I personally like it.

I'm going to go and listen to it again.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts