Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well..as you know by now if you happened to view the original thread regarding this guitar, I bought a quilted blue washburn soloist custom shop guitar. I then found the floyd rose bridge retaining screws to be drilled off center, rendering the low E string almost completely off the fret board.
Rather than bitch slap the idiot who sold this disgrace of a custom shop guitar, I used the repair method posted by El_jalepeno and did the repair myself.

I had been busy since, and just got around to setting the intonation and neck tonight. To my dismay, two of the nut lock screws are stripped as well, which really pisses me off. I set the thing up anyways, and following this post, I am finally peeved enough to email this seller and tell him what I think of his item. I am also going to request that I am sent a new nut. If there is any problem like I had with Fender not warrantying a brittle chipping finish I had on one of their 50th anniversary telecaster necks, I am going to balistisize the amount of chastizing I will have pending in the "to do" section of my priority list. And at that point, subsequently post the news at every site I go to, I may also be experiencing a bit of rage in the "postal" category. Not like one of their psycho employees that occasionally snap, but moreso, to utilize the power that can come with using a stamp and placing it on paper folded and sealed in the shape of an envelope, with more paper inside saturated with ink forming a series of fonts that form words. These words, delivered to stratejic target readers, can do the work of hundreds of picketers boycotting trade with the business in question.

Also, there is one place to get the information needed, as a service, at no charge. That would be the greatest of all Government agencies. The Public Library Information Line.

The last time I used it, I wanted to purchase some RANE EQ's with the built in analizers to EQ room pink and white noise.
My local dealer told me that they were discontinued and no longer available.
I asked if they could call the manufacturer or give me a nuber to inquire with them, but they wouldn't give me any info citing it wasn't policy to release company venders info to the public.
I called the Library Information Line, Got the location, and a list of phone numbers to the departments, as well as a list of the Corporate Officers, their capacities with the Company, the stockholders records to determine who had the contolling shares, and their yearly records reported for sales to dispersed moneys and everything in between.
The first number I called transferred me to their warehouse manager, and low and behold.....they did inform me that the EQ's I wanted were discontinued, but, they still had 20+ units sitting in the warehouse.

Since they wouldn't deal with me as a consumer rather than a licensed dealer of their products, I arranged for my local music store, (the one who told me they were no longer available) to purchase two of the EQ's from the 20+ remaining discontinued units warehoused at the manufacturers facility, and then Purchased them from my local dealer.
I hate doing other companies work for them, but I've found that in many cases, If I don't, I either receive the ripple effect of their incompetence, or, I do the research and inform them of the information they would otherwise have no initiative to pursue on my behalf, and get the results I am seeking.

I've also used it to get my States agent information when large nation-wide Corporations need to have service of documentation perfected with proof of service of documentation that will stand up in court. (In my state, even serving someone with a title of Vice-President in some multi-State corporations may not be enough to establish jusisdiction to the presiding judge if in Court as a plaintiff. Especially when a default judgement is to be granted, (as long as proof of court filing and proper proof of service is established and documented when requested by a Judge rendering such Judgements)
Long Live the Public Library Information Line
Down With Custom Shop Reject Guitars Sold Without Regard To Quality!

·
Registered
240 Posts
thats pretty sh*tty... had a similar experience with ed roman recently... the "custom" neck felt like a baseball bat sawn in half with a fretboard attached to it.. it was a pile of crap, and the fret dressing sucked, and the routing for the nut was routed all the way thru the fretboard into the maple for the neck... never seen anything like that in my life... usually the fretboard is only routed down a little bit for the nut... needless to say, we sent that neck back, and they fixed everything but the nut issue... tho i think they shimmed the nut properly based on the way i shimmed it with plain ol paper... but yeah we got the neck back with superb fret dressing, and it didn't feel so much like a baseball bat anymore, tho it wasn't thin by any means, it was still comfortable... but they will never get my business, or anyone i know's business. ever.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Venting is one thing, but...

Venting is one thing, but When it comes to the purchase of a guitar, If you are expecting a fine instrument to be just that, and the maker had any integrity, there would never be an issue other than shipping damage. Shit just lasso allthat shit together, and build a picket fence around it, toss in a Ward and June CLeaver, bitch slap up a Wally and soon, you will have everything except Mayberry. I bet those Guitars would be built with the utmost care from it's creator. Damn Make me a Marshall Stack too. !!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts