Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Breaking news and this shits me I have to post this here at my fav forum.
In a nutshell, Eddie went nuts in thre 2nd Tuscon Show, broke two guitars, went nuts at Sammy and the band on stage. Reports will come in soon I am sure as news agencies report in. Please read the stuff so far at vhlinks.com. NOTHING yet from the band. I am not spreading any "end of band" rumour, just reporting one fans report. This has lit up the vhlinks site BIG TIME. :(

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I realise many doomsayers will be all over this in the next 24 hours with end of days speculation and over dramatization, I for one would agree with finding out the true order of events. The fact that Ed smashed a guitar and made gestures towards Sammy and Mike is upseting to some, I am sure there can be a better understanding of this situation when all the facts are gathered and weighed up. Let's us wait and see. Damn you know, Ed may wake up, look at the mess he started and see the diappointment in his son and brother's eyes and realise that he needs help. Take a moment where you are now to say a small prayer that this confused and sad soul finds some help and peace with those who are closet to him and love him dearly. Can we put aside any gloating, cheering, crying and selfish "damn man I wanna new album" shit for a while? Stay positive on this please. (This I know will fall upon the deaf ears of the army I am sure, but they have always fed upon the misery of Ed, Al and Mike.)

Simon

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Ok I have heard two different sides of this already I am gonna believe the better one so until it is proven otherwise that's my story and I am sticking to it:icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Apparently his breaking two of his guitars might have had something to do with his contract with Peavey being up. Who knows. So far I've heard two different stories and don't know which one to believe. Overall the show rocked from what I read.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
axeshredder said:
I am a moderator at VHstrungout.com #1 fan based VH website(Jaycee)
also...VHLinks lit up...Roth Army Lit Up... Chat room at IRC lit up
Thanks, I checked out the story at VHstrungout and I can't beleive it....wtf? Just when it seems everything is fine with the band, this happens. Ed needs some serious help. I hope this isn't the end....that would be a trajedy.:(

G

·
SuckaIn3Piece said:
Apparently his breaking two of his guitars might have had something to do with his contract with Peavey being up. Who knows. So far I've heard two different stories and don't know which one to believe. Overall the show rocked from what I read.
I'm lost on the VHLinks now. There are too many people throwing empty comments and opinions and they're far from facts. The people who DID attend the show are saying about 30 different things between 2 different stories. Ah well, like most of you, I'm just gonna wait it out. :icon16:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I don't know what to think about all this crap, but I'm never one to take speculation and run with it. One thing I know for certain, Ed needs to get his shit together next time out. And I don't just mean his personal demons. He needs to listen to those old records and learn his music again. I gave him this tour to get his road legs back, and he's done that. Now it's time to get serious here and play that axe like we all know he can.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
SuckaIn3Piece said:
I don't know what to think about all this crap, but I'm never one to take speculation and run with it. One thing I know for certain, Ed needs to get his shit together next time out. And I don't just mean his personal demons. He needs to listen to those old records and learn his music again. I gave him this tour to get his road legs back, and he's done that. Now it's time to get serious here and play that axe like we all know he can.

Well said Sucka. I just don't understand why hes been so damn
emotional on this tour. I don't think hes ever broken a guitar while on stage like that, or has he?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
On purpose? No, I've never seen him break a guitar. Never. Of course back in the day he'd do it pretty often when he was building one, or experimenting. But no, I've never heard of EVH breaking a guitar on purpose. I'm not sure why he did it, or why he's been so emotional this tour. I just want him to get everything together and get back to the Ed we all know and left.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I'm hoping it was just him being fed up with all the techincal difficulties during this tour. That happens when you bring old ass equipment on the road though Ed! Whatever the hell he destroyed the guitar for, it obviously didn't affect things too bad cause he came out and did the three encore tunes. I think if he was really fed up with Sam or anything like that he would have refused to come back on stage with him, and then take his bows with everybody after that.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Possibly the pressure of trying to attain the level of stardom he once enjoyed and having a hard time accepting reality..Possibly, all the struggles with the cancer, divorce etc..All catching up to him..Possibly old habits resurfacing..

Regardless, I hope they get it together and get serious about recording a new album that will enable Van Halen to return to their rightful place, on top!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just talked to a friend that went and he said it really didn't seem like Ed was that pissed, or trying to be an ass. He also said it was only the one guitar that got broken. Thats the viewpoint I'm gonna believe :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts