Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just used my v-amp2 live this weekend and was blown away at how well it worked. i patched one side to direct to the p.a. and the other to my marshall vs100 combo. had to roll a lot of highs off though but the sound was great. it had a better marshall sound than my marshall amp! i set up rhythm and lead channels and used the footswitch to go from one to the other with a volume boost on the leads. the trick is to use the same amp model for rhythm and lead to get past the delay when switching channels. i used 8 different amp model setups. talk about versital. now i wish i had bought the rack version

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
What the hell did you do with the Vamp pedal! I can't seem to do shit with mine, although it does kick in the tuner for me.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just used the footswitch that came with the v-amp2. it has an up and a down button and it switches from one preset to another. i'm not sure i understand your question of the tuner being involved. we must be talking about different footswitches?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
El_jalepeno said:
What the hell did you do with the Vamp pedal! I can't seem to do shit with mine, although it does kick in the tuner for me.
The manual EJ......didn't I give you the book with it? You have to take it out of the wrapper eventually and read it! It will change patches.:D

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
eamon7 said:
i just used my v-amp2 live this weekend and was blown away at how well it worked. i patched one side to direct to the p.a. and the other to my marshall vs100 combo. had to roll a lot of highs off though but the sound was great. it had a better marshall sound than my marshall amp! i set up rhythm and lead channels and used the footswitch to go from one to the other with a volume boost on the leads. the trick is to use the same amp model for rhythm and lead to get past the delay when switching channels. i used 8 different amp model setups. talk about versital. now i wish i had bought the rack version
The rack version is a lot more durable for live work and you can run stereo XLR's to the board and a dry 1/4" line out to your Marshall all at the same time for a KILLER 3 channel sound. You should try it....but you need the V-amp pro or an A/B box to do this:icon_thum

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
VHfanOU812 said:
The manual EJ......didn't I give you the book with it? You have to take it out of the wrapper eventually and read it! It will change patches.:D
Man, the manual doesn't say squat about using the foot switch. I want to go from B2 to C13. I can't seem to get the damn thing to cooperate!

·
Registered
100 Posts
You can't switch channels like that. The pedal only goes up and down in one bank.
So, you'll have to put your C13 patch next to your B2 patch (B3) Then you can switch
between them.

·
Registered
200 Posts
eamon7 said:
i set up rhythm and lead channels and used the footswitch to go from one to the other with a volume boost on the leads. the trick is to use the same amp model for rhythm and lead to get past the delay when switching channels.
I've heard that using the same cabinet model is enough to eliminate the delay so maybe you could use different amp models after all.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've heard that using the same cabinet model is enough to eliminate the delay so maybe you could use different amp models after all.
I know for sure that staying within amp models eliminates the delay, but I will have to try this that and see if it works. Gonna have to experiment with that this weekend.

Amra

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
Actually I used the V-Amp2 X Live and did the same thing. Works wonders, and alot easier to carry. Got many compliments on the sound, i too though had to roll off the highs but this little box does wonders. Maybe i should get the rack version, but all in all the V-amp is the stuff!! We do everything from Styx, Journey to Van halen to elton john and billy joel. I used about 6 or seven models and they worked very well.

·
Registered
174 Posts
V-Amp 2

I just baught one and from reading what yall are saying. I can't wait to get it. A buddy of mine has one and we have not got to involved in it yet. but I know I will be happy.

·
mmmmm.............Beer!!!
695 Posts
Both myself and the other guitarist in my band use V-Amp Pro's live. We both have similar setups - V-Amp Pro/Marshall 8080 poweramp/Marshall Cabs, and both hook up direct to the desk in stereo from the XLR cab sim. The front end sound is simply HUGE!!!!!!:rock:

We do everything from Hall & Oates to VH and just about everything in between. We both also use the Behringer midi pedals and can hook up any tone instantly, plus kick in the tuner, Wah, volume, effects, lead or gain boost etc. at any time. It really is like a Pro set up for very little bucks. All it takes is careful set up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
it's about trial and improvement and experimentation with the v-amp2. me, and rhythm guitarist in my band both use them, and get the best tones, and solo boosts.

i'm only 16, but been playing guitar for 9 years. and it's only last 2 years, i've been coming to terms with 'sound'. when i first bought the v-amp2 two years ago, i loved it, and through trial and improvement got a tone/amp model that suited me, my guitar, and my style. now that tone is absolutely disgusting

i can't believe how your ear training changes your appreciation of sound. now, i've totally gone off the v-amp2, it sounds too digital, although a good little toy. i can't afford a decent amp setup, although the way i worked with mine at the moment, it's good enough. i've combined my pre-set v-amp2 amp modeller, with my vintage carvin 212 bel-air, and got a yamaha delay, through to an arion chorus, through to a marshall boost pedal to a morley wah, to my peavey korean wolfie, or my :chucks: japanese RG570. the tones i get are great, and suit me real fine. but once i'm rich enough, i'll surely upgrade asap.

my setup now, sounds as less digital as i can get it. the tubes in the carvin sure as hell help that. other guitarist in my band, uses a peavey transtube bandit, with a v-amp2, and an Ibanez S series Custom:notme: . he sounds more digital than me, but together we create a great balance, which is brilliant for the iron maiden, thin lizzy duelling, and hair metal stuff which i love, like whitesnake, van halen, then the much appreciated instrumental stuff, like satriani, vai.

some tips with v-amp2, :icon_nono don't use too much gain, no matter what stlye, even if it's death metal:icon_evil , and lesser treble than you think..
well suppose it is down to the individual, good luck though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All! New to the forum,

OK that almost settles it for me. I'm going out to get either the V-amp pro or V2. Been reading all I can about it for a couple weeks (I have as much fun researching as jamming) and it sounds great.

Almost went with the Zoom G2 but realize now, thanks to you guys, that the V-amp is more bang for the buck.

I've got a Sans Amp copy from Behringer (the GDI 21) that I run through the PA via the XLR out and also to my Fender 212 PWR IN via unbalanced out. Let me tell you, that set up is GREAT! My band mates want to sell thier amps.

Can't wait to play with the V-amp.

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
I used my v amp2 a yr and a half ago in a band situation,, and my band members loved my tone that i was getting out of it,,, and i was using the foot pedal also. I had 1 chennel set up for my clean tone,,a nd the other channel for my distortion . It's really a well-rounded unit to own for sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts