Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help getting a good clean tone... I like a thick clean (usually adding a little chorus helps) tone but I cannot seem to get what I am looking for.

The main problem I am having is balancing the clean tone with the distorted tones. The clean tones come in way weaker then the distorted tones. On all the clean amp models when the gain is turned up more then half way the sound starts to break up and turn to distortion. So I am batteling a blanace issue between two channels :(

Anyone have any settings they would like to share??

·
Registered
64 Posts
MegaTrey said:
I need help getting a good clean tone... I like a thick clean (usually adding a little chorus helps) tone but I cannot seem to get what I am looking for.

The main problem I am having is balancing the clean tone with the distorted tones. The clean tones come in way weaker then the distorted tones. On all the clean amp models when the gain is turned up more then half way the sound starts to break up and turn to distortion. So I am batteling a blanace issue between two channels :(

Id say its more likley how you have your v-amp run thru your amp
my best clean tones are from running both right and left analog channesl out to the amp to the right and left in put from the back of my amp...

my clean tones are very good - tubish like with any of them
when i crank the gain i get a warm clear tone

High gaines are just as good as alot of pedals out there

when i had my older amp that had only one rear input
or thru the effects loop..no matter what i tried i couldnt get a sound worth having...clean sounds was dead transistor flat soundish and high gains was fuzzy flat ...

as far as settings this part should be easy for clean tones...

·
mmmmm.............Beer!!!
695 Posts
MegaTrey said:

Try using the distorted models with the gain all the way down - you may be surprised!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Richardscharvel said:
Id say its more likley how you have your v-amp run thru your amp
my best clean tones are from running both right and left analog channesl out to the amp to the right and left in put from the back of my amp...
Unfortunaltly my cab is not stereo (I think I will fix that though) But, my setup is as follows..

Guitar -> V-Amp -> MossValve 150 Watt PA -> Generic 4x12 w/ celestions

Now the v-amp to the moss valve, I use the R Analog output to the Right Channel of the Mossvavle. Then directly to the one input on the cab.

However, I found some good clean tones It just took a lot of fiddeling.. They are still a hair distorted when strumming hard but it works for me.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i run my vamp pro clean with my live rig(on the 1 time i use clean lol), what u got to do is find the balance between clean and distortion volume, get it just right, use ur amp for the volume, not the vamp... the only time u should use the vamp for the volume is ur lead tone, which should even only be about a 2-3 dB boost and boosted mids...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Elysian said:
i run my vamp pro clean with my live rig(on the 1 time i use clean lol), what u got to do is find the balance between clean and distortion volume, get it just right, use ur amp for the volume, not the vamp... the only time u should use the vamp for the volume is ur lead tone, which should even only be about a 2-3 dB boost and boosted mids...

I'll work on lowering the volume on my presets then. I have been cranking the volume and adjusting gain to suit..

I will work with it some more :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
yeah, i use my fender m-300 300w monitoring power amp mainly for the volume, i only run my gain halfway up and my volume halfway up on the vamp, and for lead boost i bump the volume up 1 notch and the mids up to full lol... works out pretty well, especially on stage, even with a bad sound guy u can still hear my lead work

G

·
Vamp-o-ramma

My Bass Vamp Pro gets some great cleantone guitar sounds (not just bass, but 6-string). With that, you need to play around with the settings, perhaps you must use the MIDI software to disconnect and tweak in realtime the gain-oriented settings.

WIth no pedal emulation and gain, you are left with effects and guitar.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mrr3000gt said:
My Bass Vamp Pro gets some great cleantone guitar sounds (not just bass, but 6-string). With that, you need to play around with the settings, perhaps you must use the MIDI software to disconnect and tweak in realtime the gain-oriented settings.

WIth no pedal emulation and gain, you are left with effects and guitar.

I got everything taken care of... I was having a problem with volume, and I worked around my problem.. I lowered the volume on all my patchs and got the clean tones I was looking for :)

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Rocker35 said:
Try using the distorted models with the gain all the way down - you may be surprised!!
this is true.... on the vamp 2,,, i use the c 14 setting,, and with the gain down.. gives a real nice clean sound,, then with the gain up,, you get sweet distortion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts