Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys , I need some good solid sound experienced advice here.

A friend of mine really liked the little Spider II 30 that I borrowed for a gig and has been looking around for a deal.

He has heard and played around with the Spider II 212 and likes what it can offer at a UK price of around £240.

But.....

I threw a spanner in the works and suggested he trys the Behringer 212 V tone thingy which is in direct competition at £180 !

Anyone got or tried both and can give there advice ?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Me personally, i own the gmx212. It gets a better marshall sound than any of the low end marshall gear. It has mesa boogie tones as well as marshall and fender tones, but ive never really used the boogie sounds. The clean sounds on the fender are pretty good as well (for such a cheap amp). Your friend definitely needs to try the gmx212 out. Probably the best value amplifier thats out there today.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mab8485 said:
Me personally, i own the gmx212. It gets a better marshall sound than any of the low end marshall gear. It has mesa boogie tones as well as marshall and fender tones, but ive never really used the boogie sounds. The clean sounds on the fender are pretty good as well (for such a cheap amp). Your friend definitely needs to try the gmx212 out. Probably the best value amplifier thats out there today.
Are the distortion sounds ( models...... ) on the gmx212 similar to the Line 6 ?.

That was the thing that really took him by suprise, but having never heard the gmx212 it is hard to make a judgement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts