Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
I'm sorry, but it was bad!!!

The negatives: lots of wrong notes, the bends aren't accurate, the fast parts.
Positive: your timing is pretty good.

Overall impression- you're not ready for it yet. But there is a future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
rakun said:
I'm sorry, but it was bad!!!

The negatives: lots of wrong notes, the bends aren't accurate, the fast parts.
Positive: your timing is pretty good.

Overall impression- you're not ready for it yet. But there is a future.
That song has a lot of technical aspects in it and really is difficult, I don't know what you're talking about. It sounds fantastic to me.

Nice job Dunadan. Rock on. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
slimshady842 said:
That song has a lot of technical aspects in it and really is difficult, I don't know what you're talking about. It sounds fantastic to me.

Nice job Dunadan. Rock on. :thumb:

J.Winter (blues legend) once said- "It's enough for me to hear someone's
bend, to know wether he's a good player"....

Many bends he did, were out of tune. The part from 4:00-4:20 is
completely wrong. So many bad notes...(maybe the tab was wrong)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,264 Posts
This was killa awesoem job!! :thumb: :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
665 Posts
rakun said:
J.Winter (blues legend) once said- "It's enough for me to hear someone's
bend, to know wether he's a good player"....

Many bends he did, were out of tune. The part from 4:00-4:20 is
completely wrong. So many bad notes...(maybe the tab was wrong)

do you know how to play?
or do you get off being rude to other people?
shut up and play your guitar :bannana_g

Dont listen to this jerk. You did a fine job!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
first of all, i'm not rude!!!
i didn't call anyone JERK, YOU DID!!!

i made an objective comment!!!! you can see my other feedbacks to
other people which were good. this one i didn't like so much.
if you disagree, you can say it in a civilized way...and not like some 8 YEAR OLD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree, some parts are a bit off; and certainly I didn't follow the tab note-for-note in places (heck, no whammy bar rules that out ;) ). It isn't my goal to perfectly reproduce every note he plays. For me, this song is all about emotion and I love playing it even if it comes off with mistakes. Playing this one perfectly with lots of emotion and energy is a neat trick I haven't learned yet.

Oh, do you have the tab for that 4:00-4:20 part? What I have for it sounds pretty close. Maybe I just have the rhythm screwed up? I saw him play that up/down raking part at the end about 10 times faster on G3 Live in Denver. I had to listen a few times just to see if that was actually what he was playing, it was so fast. :shocked:
 

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
Joined
·
3,114 Posts
rakun said:
I'm sorry, but it was bad!!!

The negatives: lots of wrong notes, the bends aren't accurate, the fast parts.
Positive: your timing is pretty good.

Overall impression- you're not ready for it yet. But there is a future.
Well.. Did you ever think that the wrong notes were meant to be his own style???? as for bends,, he is on a Les Paul,, without a vibrato arm that Vai Himself uses for the wicked bends,,, So geesh give this guy a break! HE USED A LES PAUL! Man,, why you say this is bad is beyond me. For one thing,, Dunagan does not have the same fingers that vai does.. there isnt one person in this world that can do vibrato,, playing,, etc.. the EXACT SAME as the original artist. Everyone that touches a guiatr will be playing it differently. We were all made differently. If your gonna critique,, then be best to back up with spome positive thoughts behind it to help the musician out,, not by saying geesh,, this is bad.. that helps him out alot man!
 

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
Joined
·
3,114 Posts
Now,, as for my own words,,, dunagan,, this sounds killer man. I like to see someone try sucha ahrd tune like this,, and on top of it ,, a Les Paul to boot! this was rockin! I like how you made this tune your own style! wtg man.:icon_thum :rock: :rock:
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top