Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Me...with Roth twice and solo once. The Roth gigs were superb but the Astoria gig (which is availabe on DVD) was so packed that I couldn't really see much. The sound was also horrible with 3 guitars and Billy Sheehan all adopting that 7 string B tuning thing. However, the gig is seen as an amazing night so what the fuck do I know!

·
Airborne Warrior
699 Posts
I saw the man on his G3 tour with the my bandmates, first we had to put up withFripps boring samething for 45mins solo. then Steve Vai came on with his 3necked jem and jammed, this was cut short as he broke a string, bloody good night though

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I saw him in July this year. He was pretty much using the astoria setlist. It was the best concert ive ever been to, and i doubt anything will top it. I couldnt stop laughing when he ran onto the stage for the first song (shy boy) wearing a zorro mask and cape. The sound was great, the musicianship was top notch. Everyone in the band was more than capable of keeping up with Steve. Awesome bass solos, 3 guitar harmonies, triple necked guitars. An amazing night

·
Registered
886 Posts
I seen him on the G3 tour this year and also attended the aftershow mett and greet (did I mention that).

Very nice man.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
I saw him this year and definately one of the best shows i've ever been to .. sound was absolutely great despite the fact there were so many shredding guitars up there ! .. after i watched the astoria dvd i expected it to be all muddy but it was great ! .. whispering a prayer or whatever it's called was just the greatest thing i've ever seen highlight of the year for me ...

·
Registered
425 Posts
I saw him at the G3 show in Denver where they filmed the DVD. It was a really good show, Malmsteen played way too freakin' loud though...

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
I saw Vai with Whitesnake in Paris at the Monster of Rock in 1990 or maybe 1991 (went both years).
I also saw Vai with Satch and John Petrucci at the Wiltern Theater in L.A.

Memorable and fun performance of the G3 show for sure!

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Vai's almost Theatrical like performances are awesome . nobody else offers a show like Vai's . its genius on stage for all to behold .... wonders lol . :) . as for the aftershow party ... i wouldnt know . but i imagine having a similar sense of humour to Vai is key to having a good time ... but then again im not sure what really goes on so :p

·
Registered
425 Posts
dannyboy said:
Vai's almost Theatrical like performances are awesome . nobody else offers a show like Vai's . its genius on stage for all to behold .... wonders lol . :) . as for the aftershow party ... i wouldnt know . but i imagine having a similar sense of humour to Vai is key to having a good time ... but then again im not sure what really goes on so :p

Exaxctly!

"It was in tune when I bought it!"

Laugh from Vai.....

:lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts