Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
mondola said:
Cool, I have them all on vinyl, and the look and feel of a vinyl is way better than a CD.

The sound is so raw as well. I love putting Fair Warning on the record player !!!

:thumb:
I wish I still had a record player for that same reason. There is something special about that Raw sound. :rock: I guess its been about 15 years since I had a record player.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Vinyl??? What's that???? :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
As a old guy around here (31), I also have the first 8 Van Halen albums on Vinyl. That along with some Ozzy, Metallica, Kiss, & Crue. The sound is cool, but my record player broke a long time ago. Need to fix it or find a old one that works. What are used record players going for these days??

·
Registered
33 Posts
A couple of years ago I started getting into vinyl. I must say, I've become kind of an "artsy" type about them. I mean, listening to a record as opposed to a CD is just different in an experience alone. To listen to a record, you have to pull out the sleeve and look at the pictures on the album. A CD you can just throw in and not care about the band at all. Maybe it's just me, but I really cherish and enjoy vinyl records while I just listen CD's.

As far as Van Halen, "Van Halen" was the first vinyl I ever bought (just 10 years ago or so). I now have every album mint through "Balance," with that one sealed. I also have the red Loonie Tunes radio copy still sealed (my best piece of the collection). They didn't make any others that I'm aware of (RHRN or VH3). Since I have 2 copies of each (one for listening and one for mint), I had to buy a nice record player for my stereo. They're hard to find and kind of pricey now, but definitely worth it. I've collected a lot of 70's classic rock and 80's hair metal since then, and records just "breathe" when you play them. Cranked up, it sounds like the amps are in the room with you!!!!:rock:

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Halen1984 said:
A couple of years ago I started getting into vinyl. I've collected a lot of 70's classic rock and 80's hair metal since then, and records just "breathe" when you play them. Cranked up, it sounds like the amps are in the room with you!!!!:rock:
When I hear someone collects 80's metal stuff, it fills my heart with joy. (Sigh)

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
:DGreat!!
Vinyl has so much more sound than cd's!!
Alone that fat bottom end....ahhh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.