Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taken from melodicrock.com.
Cheers all, great news and welcomed by all fans.
As I said in the past, "its the music stupid!" that got me into this band. Looks like some more magic coming our way...

THE GOOD VIBES CONTINUE TO FLOW FROM VAN HALEN:

Following my report from Friday, Alex Van Halen has been hitting the campaign trail, selling the concept of Van Halen for 2005. Good news for sure.

The article from the Journal Gazette reads, in part, as follows:
"Van Halen is a volatile band, and drummer Alex Van Halen is the first to admit it. “We're volatile only to the extent that we're as good of friends as we are,” Van Halen says in a phone interview. “It's because we are so intense. It's part of our nature. As much as I love (brother and guitarist Eddie), if you put us in a room with no one else for 15 minutes, we'd be at each other's throats. But it's always about creative differences. Always. It's never personal.”
“Music is a dialogue. It's about an emotional reaction. We're very needy people, you know,” Alex Van Halen says, laughing.
Gary Cherone's short-lived stint as lead singer produced one of the worst albums of the band's career. Alex Van Halen has nothing bad to say about Cherone. “He was just the wrong choice. It's that simple. No harm, no foul,” Van Halen said. “Nobody sets out to make a bad record. I just think the chemistry was wrong. It was just one of those things.”
And the guys even touch on David Lee Roth: "Every time it looks as if Van Halen is about to take on a new or slightly used vocalist, there is always much speculation about whether the band's first frontman, David Lee Roth, will return.
Van Halen says Roth fans just need to accept the fact that Diamond Dave is history, at least as far as this group of guys is concerned. “I can say something comic, but let me preface that by saying, 'He needs meds.' I am very serious about that. It's that simple. It's not even his fault, really. Whatever our personal differences are, there are no bigger fans of this band than the people who are in this band. So we understand why people would love to see that sort of reunion. But that's just not going to happen. Some things are impossible. The Beatles will never get back together and David Lee Roth will never again sing with Van Halen.”
And the best news fans could wish for: Van Halen says the band is currently writing material that he believes is its best in a great while.

“I can't put it into words, unfortunately, but the stuff is absolutely brilliant,” he says. Alex Van Halen says the band has purged itself of angst over profits, pans and chart positions. Now it's just about the music. “When you leave the planet, you leave music behind. You don't leave behind box office scores or how many dollars changed hands. You come to the planet with nothing and you leave with nothing, so you'd better do some good while you are here.”

G

·
I'd love to see VH in New York City. I saw them 3 times this summer. and it's NEVER enough!!!!! It would be awesome...............

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I had to pop in Balance after reading that. That's good news right there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.