Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me pose this question to those of you here. I might also ask this at the Links, but thought I'd try here. I'm sure there are a few of you like me. "What do I do with all my VH merchandise I've colleceted over the years?"

Its not that I don't like it, its just that I'm 32 now, have a wife, a 1 1/2 year old, a mortgage, etc.... My VH stuff is in a box since I moved and I know I can't toss it. I could put it on Ebay, but quite frankly I don't have the time or the patience to deal with that.

I'm not talking about the music (thats with my other CDs), I'm talking about the 50 or so posters, all the magazines, tour books, other books, pictures and so on. Pretty much you name it, I have it.

I figured I'd keep a few posters and maybe rotate them in & out of 1 frame just to have, and of course I'm keeping the CDs and my VHE and my auto'd VH3 tin, but anybody have any thoughts on the rest of it? Anybody want any of it for a fair price?

Part of the problem is VH is not like Kiss where they have a convention and I could sell this stuff nor was VH merchandise really considered "collectable" so there is not much of a market for it.

I'm sure someone else grew up with this band and now has all this stuff they don't know what to do with. Thoughts??

·
Registered
628 Posts
Eric, I have been lucky enough to have a classroom where I can put up over 10 Van Halen posters. As well, I have been careful enough to let my students have a look through my VH books and concert programs. My wife has banned all the other stuff to the boxes and only the CD's are given space in the cabinet. I like you share the same issues and do not want to part with the stuff. Get yourself a rec room or an office and do what you like. I am just fortunate my office is big enough to hold most stuff. This also gives me the chance to share my stuff with future fans. They just love the programs and think the backsatge laminates are cool. I have to invest a lot of trust in my students, but they raise themselves to the challenge and I have never had anything "borrowed". Thats my $0.02. Cheers mate.

G

·
Ray's rock n roll hall of fame....

Over the years my music collection pretty much was boxed up, but what I've done is taken a spare room I have in the basement and pretty much dedicated a wall or section of each wall to my favorite bands, put all the concert shirts I've accumulated on the ceiling and framed All the concert tix I have in a big frame dating back to the early 80s. Lots of concert pics, posters, autographed items etc. It's the same room the guitar, amp is in so it's a complete package deal. Friends come over and love it :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.