Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
12B is the "Eruption" preset, which is not bad with some tweaking, however that does entail hitting the stomp box which EVH did not have if I am not mistaken. It was just the variac cranked and all settings on 10. Even with the variac cranked on the XT, there is not enough gain to capture the correct Eruption tone. In fact the only amp that seems to have enough gain on its own that would be practical for VH tones is the soldano model.

My forte is not being able to nail tones exactly even with all the XT offers at my disposal. Some people are great at that, and if anyone has the end all settings or link with them for classic VH tone, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
I wouldn't worry whether the settings are the same or not as Ed used...thats not how it works. I've done 3 VH covers using this setting and they're pretty close tone-wise. I have a great '1984 one which you can download from the Line6 site if you look for it in the tone locker. I did Hot For Teacher with that one and, again, it's close. You'll find them all in the tribute section if you want to hear the POD xt using these settings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
EVH tone

You gotta go to jfrocks.com, this guy is a evh junkie also, he can tell you how to dial in the sounds with out the exact gear evh uses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts