Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Got a new phone recently and I can use anything sound file as a ring tone. Only thing is, to get it into a format (.aac) that it will use as a ring tone, it's gonna take about a meg, and I only have a 32 MB card. I'm gonna put loads of other music in a highly compressed format (.3gp) but I can't use those files as a ring tone.

So I'm just gonna stick with the one Van Halen song in this .aac format that I will use as the ringtone.

I've made my pick for which song I'm gonna use as my ringtone now, but just out of interest, which Van Halen song would you use ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Feels SO Good. I think that would sound good as a cool ringer. But that is my opinion. If you want something that would make you feel more of a manly man I would pick Man On A Mission

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
I programmed my old Nokia with Ain't talkin' About Love. It's a perfect riff for a ring tone, very distinctive.
My wife wanted a VH tone too, but she picked a cheesy Sammy song: When Love Comes Walking In...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Oh man that changes everything. I would definetly have to pick Panama now. What better way to answer the phone then with Panama. THanks for clarifying

·
Registered
2 Posts
The easiest way to get your tone is too simply use the "record" on your phone, then save it as your ring-tone. Easier than downloading,ect, just use your speakers...
I went with Eruption...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts