Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folkes,

I've ben working on Fools and there's a bit of Ed's noodling that I just can't figure out. It comes at 3:23 into the song. Right when Dave sings..."When I need something to soothe my soul...I listen to too much rock-n-roll..."

Can't seem to get a handle on it and there's no accurate tab that includes Eddie's fills from that tune. Anyone?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I did this example in the key of A. This is basically using inversions of the A chord stepping down the neck + an open G string to fill in the holes. Start by sliding up the neck with the ring finger to the C sharp (16 fret [on A string]) then immediately hit the A with the first finger(14 fret [on G string]) and pull that not off to the open G string. ......B# 14th fret A string, to G 12th fret [G string] then open G, A 12th fret Gb 11th fret [on G string] then open G. etc.... Just follow the notes of the chord on down as far as you can go. The important thing is you pretty much keep your ring and pointing finger in the same position which helps the thing flow down the frets smoothly. There is another clip. First find the notes of the chored progression down the neck. then when you get that down, just pull off the open G string and presto. When its done fast it takes on a whole nother realm!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.