Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,305 Posts
They are all deceptively easy but, with out Edward's flair and the wonderful short cuts he discovered, his stuff sounds silly when played by other guitarists. Ain't Talkin' Bout Love is very difficult to make sound right without the proper application of delay! That song has something in common with the Edge's playing on the Joshuah Tree album. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Unchained is easy and fun to play plus it's a rhythm you can really sink your teeth into! "Feel your love tonight" on the first album is pretty accessible too. Don't limit yourself to just one guitarist when learning riffs and solos. Learn from them all.

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Come on guys don't take this so seriously, Evergrey took a swipe at Eruption and I just had to respond. After all this thread was about easy VH riffs to learn. Now Evergrey is banned!?!? As for my tastes, the only guitarist worth arguing for is Holdsworth so, forget my Satch and Vai comments above. Though there are some pretty damn good guitarist on this site!

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Stingray said:
Try Panama it's not as difficult as it sounds! And of Course Ain't Talking 'bout love.
Well i would rate van halen songs with 6 of 10 points in difficulty, compared with others... so just keep on practising...
6 out of 10? -I agree, that is if you simply hit the same notes Edward hits (IF ONE CAN FIND THEM). However, to actually play the notes with the wonderful flair and aggression Edward employs is an entirely different story. It's called style which transcends any 1 to 10 rating nonsense!;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.