Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was something I did a while back whilst messing around with a tone I found. This was pre-Ozone days.

Well, I figured that as it was Van Halen tribute month, I'd try and do something with it. I plugged it through a few of the old filters, and the sound got so big and muddled that it ended up a little "live" sounding.

So I grabbed several crowd files and this is the final result.

Apologies in advance !!!

:lol:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
LOL - that is brilliant Mondola!!

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Gooooooaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllll! :lol:

Love the crowd sounds, Mondola.

You did a fantastic job with your rendition, man! :thumb:

Like the last booooo at the end. Funnier than shit!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was killa Mond, awesome job!! :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanx CC, the boo is just how I'd feel if I'd paid to see Eddie play and got some wannabe guitarist faking it. :lol: Made me laugh, so I thought it had to go in there...

Tom, thanx for that.

TopJimmy78, appreciate your support as ever. :thumb:

strat78, I dunno if it's because you are not a Van Halen fan, or just my bad playing. However, the song is called "316". It's a tune that worked it's way into Eddie's solo spots over the years. The first time I recall him playing it was on the 5150 tour, but he might have been playing it before then even. He started playing to Wolfgang to send him to sleep, and it eventually turned up on For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge as 316, after Wolfgang's birthday, 3/16.

Cheers,

·
Registered
149 Posts
Loved the crowd effects, made me feel like i was at a live concert. And your VH style was great. My PC is hooked up to a 500W suround sound unit and it puts you right in the middle of the concert. I even had my cig lighter up in the air like the good old days. Thanks for the flash back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts