Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I had a blast with this backing this weekend. We were in band together for over 10 years until about a year ago. This place is perfect for people like us who don't have a band but still love to make music. She did the vocals and I played the guitars. Our thanks to those that created and support such a cool place. I'll be getting my platinum membership soon! Enjoy!

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
You wife sounds incredibly like Scott Weiland :scif890: I don't want to piss you off by being wrong but this sounds like a posting of the tune recorded from a radio. Take it as the highest compliment if your playing this. If not...

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
I keep listening to this over and over...just really, really good man. The last thing I want to do is cause friction or downplay your work but this just sounds "too" authentic. I dunno...very hard to tell. If you and your old lady are jamming on this you guys are truely the dynamic duo of the forum. I'm gonna leave this alone and give ya the benefit of the doubt...:thumb:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stingx- I had to go back and make sure I posted the right song after your posts! :grin: I can assure you it's my wife and I on this track. We did rock/metal in our band for years and my wife's voice has always been mistaken for a mans. We're planning on recording with some other backings soon and I'll post it too. Thanks for the props (I think):scif890: :grin: .

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
I am so puzzled by this...I had this tune looping from the cd and looping your mp3 and I just cannot tell. One thing I do know is that if that is a woman singing she must be getting regular testosterone shots or something :lol:

Seriously dude, take this as a compliment cuz I have never thought a cover sounded so close to an original performance that I felt the need to question it. :scratch:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stingx said:
I am so puzzled by this...I had this tune looping from the cd and looping your mp3 and I just cannot tell. One thing I do know is that if that is a woman singing she must be getting regular testosterone shots or something :lol:

Seriously dude, take this as a compliment cuz I have never thought a cover sounded so close to an original performance that I felt the need to question it. :scratch:
Wow, I (we) really appreciate that. Thanks! :woot:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
350, curiously...and donut get mad dude but when you say wife do you mean wife in the biblical sense or do you mean wife as a slang term for your domestic partner? I mean I have heard some deep voiced woman but I can hear her adam's apple vibrating in the singing dude.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
350 I got to hand it to you, man. You must be a pretty good natured fellow cuz you took this whole thread in stride. I seriously questioned the validity of the performance but wasn't positive enought to say either way. Now I hope I am not proven wrong but I believe you. Seriously dude, take this as a compliment cuz this post caused quite a stir. The guitarwork is on par with Slash :thumb: The singing, as you already have heard, sounds like Weiland. Incredible cover man, I bow to you :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's funny, my wife has been on the couch listening to the replys I've been reading her and we just laugh! I'm so used to hearing her voice, but it never fails to get attention. It used to be really funny to do a Korn cover or something like that live and watch peoples jaws drop when they heard this huge voice coming out of my little 5 ft wife!
Maybe we'll video our next recording session so there is no question. :p

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
I hope i'm not wrong lol but i listened to it a few times and in parts after careful listening i picked up it was a girl singing .. around the 3:15 mark ...

awesome stuff though your guitar playing is top notch and your wife can certainly pound out a tune .. i'd love to hear some david lee roth like was mentioned in her influences !

killer stuff !

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Stiglar said:
I
awesome stuff though your guitar playing is top notch and your wife can certainly pound out a tune .. i'd love to hear some david lee roth like was mentioned in her influences !
Thanks much! There is certainly enough VH material here I'm sure we can do something.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts