Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I absolutely love VR...this CD kicks ass and I can't get enough of it. I wish more bands would put out that kind of high energy straight forward rock n roll and start another 80's-like hard rock revolution. Billy Idol's new album should be a rocker as well as Judas Priest's new CD out Mar. 1st. This kind of stuff breathes new life into me and I hope the trend continues.:bannana_g

·
Registered
164 Posts
they really do rock... that singer is so versatile, he impressed me alot... although i remember first hearing that cd and expecting it to be as good as g'n'r albums... it was sort of a let down for me... but since has grown on me...

btw did that happen to anyone else?... i was expecting like a super duper gigantic hit album and it didnt really end up as huge as i thought

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i went and saw them live on sunday, fucking awesome, best light show ive seen ever before, soo good, put on a good show and played good too. singer didn't get all the notes and slash was scrappy but still flawless in my eyes, always been my dream to seen slash and when he came out i was shocked and so happy

·
Registered
114 Posts
mickey_g107 said:
i went and saw them live on sunday, fucking awesome, best light show ive seen ever before, soo good, put on a good show and played good too. singer didn't get all the notes and slash was scrappy but still flawless in my eyes, always been my dream to seen slash and when he came out i was shocked and so happy
I saw them On November 12th of last year and I thought they pretty damn good!!

G

·
I just saw these guys last night after waiting at least a year and they absolutely SMOKE!

Go see these guys if you can!!

check out the setlist...

Sucker Train Blues
Do it for the Kids
Headspace
Crackerman
Superhuman (amazing)
Illegal I
Fall to Pieces (best sing-slong I've ever heard)
Dirty Little Thing
Big Machine (crazy)
It's So Easy (amazing)
Sex Type Thing (amazing)
Set Me Free
You Got No Right
Used to Love Her (full blown electric version)
Mr. Brownstone (amazing)
Slither (holy shit...)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i love the chemistry they have as a band. great combination. slash's playing also seems have to have become slightly more heavier more groovy hehe.. still just as great!

G

·
andrewtheshreddr said:
i love the chemistry they have as a band. great combination. slash's playing also seems have to have become slightly more heavier more groovy hehe.. still just as great!
I couldn't agree with your more about the heavy and groovy sound coming from Slash since VR started. He's awsome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts