Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to cover this song like him? To get the same feeling as Jimy was a damn hard work (...and im still not comfortable with the results). Its not 100% acurate but i think youll get the idea. This cover is also a tribute to a great guitarist. I hope you like it.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Mate this is just beautiful. the slow bend down at 00:50 is really sublime, I really love that. It is overheld to the point where it made me anxious :lol: brilliant! the "meltdown" section is spot on mate. Even down to the overtones. This is a real indepth study to Hendrix's improv at Woodstock. It is the sort of thing I would expect Satriani to have poured over. Every detail is there, The wah, a hint of univibe even (unless it is just my retro ears ;) ) and right down to the incidental noises on the trem dives. And theres the real link, Satriani, because you have Joe nailed too. Unless the unbelieveable happens, I think you can count on my vote.

Stunning!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Hell I think this was smokin and in the style! I would love to hear you try "Machine Gun" as that follows along these lines....i bet you would also kick ass on that tune as well. :rock:

·
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,810 Posts
Incredible job Verga!!!!! :icon_thum .....It's like getting in a time machine..... Awesome tones and attack!!!. Whammy action for daaaaayyyyyyyssss!!!! Great!!!:rock: :rock:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you very much everybody :) Your comments are priceless. When i was practicing/recording this song my brother told me "what the f%$%ck are you doing? are you stoned???!!!!" so i think that was a good sign about what i was trying to achieve :toothless . Actually im recording my all time fav Hendrix song (even if is a Dylan cover): "All along the watchtower" and i started a topic on the battle section. Thanks once more guys.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
well i feel sorry for anyone who battles ya on Hendrix....you sure know how to do it right......i wouldnt touch that with a 10 ft pole.........congrats on an awesome job..again

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
ncook said:
It wasn't that good. I turned it off about 10 seconds into it. Everyone thinks Hendricks was so great, I think he sounded like crap. If it make you feel good, you achieved the same crappy sound. :icon_thum

Just because Verga wasn't civil to you in your GNR post, don't hop over here to try an start something, that's not the way it's done here. So knock it off.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
That was quite simply incredible verga ,

how you got the overtones in those whammy squeels and dives i'll never know !

should be a very hard one to beat !

1 - 20 of 41 Posts