Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Im new in this kind of contests, it seems to be a cool place to show my music. Tons of great musicians around. My song is about a dark side of me. I wrote this song when i was having a hard time on my life and this had a strong impact on me. Everything changed for me since that moment. Its a ballad....maybe a heavy prog ballad. I hope it represents for you what im trying to xplain. Verga.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
very well put together. There were some nice little offbeats on the drums. Very impressive and melodic. Great entry.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everybody. Chris, John Petrucci is my #1 main influence. Im glad you like it guys.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Great entry Verga!!!:icon_thum

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Once more thanks everybody. Theres a lot of Petrucci on my playing on this one, but im also a big fan of Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Steve Morse, Michael romeo, Gary Hoey, Andy Timmons, Nobuo Uematsuo:icon_peac , and the classical guitarist John Williams. When i recorded this song was on a time i was obsesed with Dream Theater...still i am but not that much:jam: Even if this song is a progballad i think you can feel the passion on it. Im glad you guys like it :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Wow this was killa, great entry, great job!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I can definitely hear the DT influence on this. The piano sounds great. Are you a pianist as well?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ksdb said:
I can definitely hear the DT influence on this. The piano sounds great. Are you a pianist as well?
Nope, im not. Midi/Synth, thats the way ;) Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Kudos mate. I really got into this one! I could feel your passion all throughout and it was cool cuz my mood was changin all throughout. like others have said it sounded very dt-ish and yet very original

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks man. It was not my intention to sound like DT at all. There are some songs i sound to much more like Vai or Satriani than John Petrucci. Damn, I wish i could sound like them!! ;) By the way, i made 4 songs that are conected to each other and "Distortion of reality" is the intro. Of course the main situation was my life. So originally it was one big song. I had to edit this 1st part for the contest because the 4 songs together are almost 15 or 16 mins lenght i think. If someone is interested i could upload them for you. :thumbup:

·
Registered
442 Posts
exellent :thumbup: like the piano a nice touch.nice licks too.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts