Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Ear Candy Distributor
10,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been looking for this one for an age. VERY early Def Leppard feel...we recorded this in an 8 track studio two weeks after we recorded our first album in a big 24 track studio and wished we'd gone here instead! This was recorded in Gosforth and the main difference was that our drummer (Malla) agreed to use the studio's electronic kit...can't remember what it was but think of those 5 sided drums and you drummers will know what I mean!

Solo was a bastard and sounds pretty dismal...couldn't get any inspiration!

Anyhow, I like the general feel of the song (recorded in 1984 it sounds very like then!)
:thumb:

· Ear Candy Distributor
10,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VHFan said:
Sounds like something off "On through the Night"...cool.

I though you were on holiday.
I leave in 6 hours...just getting me fix of guitar before I go cold turkey! :twisted:

· Yeah, so what?
1,553 Posts
Got my worn- torn stone-washed denim jacket full of round rocky pins, elastic denim pants and a pair of red John Smith´s, wheres the gig? :rock: Man, this brought back memories, thanks for posting it.

· Ear Candy Distributor
10,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BleedingPinky said:
Got my worn- torn stone-washed denim jacket full of round rocky pins, elastic denim pants and a pair of red John Smith´s, wheres the gig? :rock: Man, this brought back memories, thanks for posting it.
Thanks! Check the other two out...next door to this post. :thumb:

· I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,801 Posts
Very cool wahwah:rock: ........ Big Leppard feel to it. Boy, do I miss the 80's ,LOL. Nice one.:icon_thum :icon_peac

· Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,390 Posts
Sounds like an early Maiden song to my ears , its not a bad mix , in parts the guitars also come accross with a Lizzy feel . I also notice the obligatory harmonies , i seem to remember at that time a bigger emphasis was put on harmonies .Funny but malla has this style that is instantly recognizable .really good drummer he was .Steve sounds a bit stretched to be honest , but he was a good frontman , and added that rhythm . I think this is a real good little tune , and i enjoyed listening to it ,a great piece of English rock heritage !:bannana_g

· excess to requirements
7,090 Posts
another great tune mate. I am not into this sort of stuff but I can't deny that it is very well done and very pro! Thanks for posting :thumb:

· Ear Candy Distributor
10,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for listening...Steve had a hell of a job singing this one as it was only three days after singing his bollox off for two weeks and he was a bit throaty to say the least...one of our more commercial outings. :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.