Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been playing around with my recently aquired Line 6 Vetta II head and made this patch. I call it "Insane Chunk" becasue it's a Line 6 Insane amp combined with a Line 6 Chunk Chunk.

It sounds really cool cranked through a Marshall cab....but I am not sure how well it will translate to this clip.
Turn your speakers up all the way to get the full effect.

Attachments

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Full effect in action!!!! Powerfull!!!! Punchy!!! and groovy!!!
My neighbors love it too...I can hear them yelling something...I think they are yelling "crank it more.."
Excellent man!! Nice playing too!!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[ QUOTE ]
3fingers said:
Full effect in action!!!! Powerfull!!!! Punchy!!! and groovy!!!
My neighbors love it too...I can hear them yelling something...I think they are yelling "crank it more.."
Excellent man!! Nice playing too!!

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO 3F!!!
This amp is 300Wattts and I keep it pretty much dimed out....my neighbors are yelling something also....something about wanting me to move!!!!
But I can't quite make it out for some reason.

Say hi to yours for me....

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been a "Tube Head" and still love the sound of a full tube amp....but I think with the Vetta II Line 6 has finally crossed over and made a solid state amp sound as good or better than most tube amps.

I am really beginning to love this amp.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes Line 6 are great with their modeling. A really great thing I read on their forum was how they said that with every amp come the lumps or undesired qualities that get edited out in the post EQ in the studio. They said they model the amps exactly as they are, which means the lumps are included and it gives them the most accurate recreation of the real thing. A little tweaking smooths those lumps and a wonderful tone can be had just like the real thing.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
kool stuff! very unorthodox effects.. sounds very progressive and nice!!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[ QUOTE ]
wahwah said:
Great sound mate
Told ya you wouldn't regret it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do have to blame Wah Wah for talking me into getting this amp.

I don't think there is any tone this thing can't easily do...but for now I just leave it on this setting, turn it up to 11, and entertain myself for hours at a time....just slamming on E.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dude...the Vetta ROX! Nice guitar work too!

Ive always been a Les Paul/Marshall guy and and last year I was up in Canada and my bro-in-law had a Vetta. I couldnt believe the tonage it was capable of. I started thinking and thinking about it and when my local dealer got a Vetta II Combo I had to have it. I basically havent touched my Marshall since then after many years of faitfhful service.

Plus, I went ahead...just for the heck of it andf bought the Variax 700 hard tail. It seemlessly integrates with the Vetta for a range of tones, amp models and guitar models that cant be duplicated. I use it for everything now. Recording, live small show, live big show, solo shows. Its the most versatile combination of guitar model/amp model Ive ever seen.

Is there any way you can post up that patch somewhere? I would love to check it out.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
"Tonage".....that's a good description. When I first got it I was afraid it was a bit light compared to my 5150II.....until I figured how to operate it properly. Now I can make if about at heavy as I need.

I have never tried the Variax guitar because I am afraid I might want one.......and they are $$$$$.

Attached is the patch....and check out the Armin mod I have installed in mine HERE

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Gary:

Something tells me there will soon be a VETTA forum for Vetta owners. Obviously since we have been chatting, all I can think of is the fun of VETTA head. You can literally recreate an infinite range of sounds, plus I must have the double tracker. How huge is that? Nice clip.

No more bias mods or retubing either.

Me want VETTA TOO now.

Bob C.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
VHfanOU812 said:
I have never tried the Variax guitar because I am afraid I might want one.......and they are $$$$$.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something interesting i saw on Ed Romans site. He can install the variax electronics on any guitar you want.

·
Registered
8 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
VHfanOU812 said:
"Tonage".....that's a good description. When I first got it I was afraid it was a bit light compared to my 5150II.....until I figured how to operate it properly. Now I can make if about at heavy as I need.

Attached is the patch....and check out the Armin mod I have installed in mine HERE

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice patch man, luv it!

The Vetta does have a pretty large learning curve, no question. It sounds OK with the stock patches but the real worth in this thing comes from customizing patches. You cant reproduce the wide range of tone this thing is capable of on any other single amp. Its like you have a truck load of amps and stomp boxes in one little cab, its amazing.

For the true puritans it may not be "exact" replication but damn, its so close to the original amp tones I'll take 98% accuracy instead of carting around a ton of amps to get 100% exact tone.

Now, the Variax is also a thing of beauty. I love to be able to click a few buttons and have a Strat in my hand...click a few more for a Les Paul...another couple clicks and Im playing an SG. The list goes on and on. Yes its a few bucks, I paid $1199 for mine but I havent played my Les Paul Custom since I bought it. The only times I've turned it on was to compare the Variax model to the real thing and its almost impossible to tell the difference. There are two downsides to the Variax though. First, it doesnt play quite as fluid as a Les Paul but I can live with that. The neck is a wee bit thicker and more rounded on the back so it takes a small adjustment period to get your hands use to it. Second, it doesnt work as well for metal playing with lots of heavy palm muting. If you palm mute on the bridge and hit the strings close to the bridge it produces a noticable "chink...chink" noise thats annoying.I had to adjust my palm muting style slightly to avoid this noise when palm muting but some people I know wouldnt want to do that. I also played with several different types of strings to limit this and that also works.

Overall though, you cant beat the versatility of a Variax/Vetta and the FBV long board, which I also have. It produces so many tones its worth its weight in gold to me. I just love it and while I once thought all this modeling stuff was complete BS, Line 6 has a real winner here. I suspect you will see more and more musicians trying and using this kind of stuff in the near future.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That variax concept is interesting...and as MAB pointed out...you can install the variax kit on any guitar.....I have a project guitar that may be up for the challenge....I'll have to find the kit.

I'll look into it some more....but at the moment I am trying to get aquainted with this beast....and I have to sell all my pedals on E-bay.

I do agree....it does not model the tone (at least on the 5150II) exactly...but it is close (the gain is a bit light). I have found that if I blend just a tad of a Line 6 Insane or Lunatic using the double tracker with it.....it's basically there.

The stompboxes (I have several of the real ones) seem to be very good replicas.

I have another really cool tone I'll post when I get a chance...it's a VH thing.....kind of like a A.F.U. or Big fat money tone.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
I played VHFan's Vetta this past Saturday night, and thing is fucking insane! I kept asking can it do this and that, and G would pull up his UI on the computer adding and moving effetcs and shit all over the place. This is an incredible amp, but I would find one setting and probably just keep it there. But there really is enough of everything to do any type of music you wanted to with any types of effects, and you can even tell the UI how far a mic would be from the speaker for recording!
Jesus, my head was spinning by the time I left

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.