Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta say, this whole thing is confusing the hell outta me. I ordered the entire bundle the other day and I installed the "custom vetta" already so my amp displays the true amp names. I didn't notice the upgraded cabs or DIs so I consulted the directions from Armin's website, but this is where the confusion sets in. How am I supposed to use 'input' from this as 'output' to that and such? I'm so computer-illiterate I don't even know how to pose my question. Anyone have a clue as to what I'm talking about? I sure don't.

·
Registered
2 Posts
"I have ordered more than one of your Toolkits - is there something special ?

Yes, Extract your existing Vetta Firmware using BOME's SendSX or MIDI-OX.

-Connect Midi out (Vetta) to Midi in (PC)
-Start your Midi dump tool (click for details)
-Press and hold 'Reverb' and power on your Vetta
-'1 SRAM Test' will be shown
-Press 'Gate' until '13 Upload Code' will be displayed
-Press 'Compress' to execute
-'...Uploading Software ...' will be displayed
-Wait ! (It will take a few minutes)
-872306 bytes should be transferred to your PC

Save this file as "Factory_203.syx"

modify your .syx file by using the toolkits in a specific order:

1. Install the Custom Toolkit Win Application - Run the Factory_203.syx" file and the resulting output will be called "Factory_203_m.syx" (the new file will be in the same directory - typically "My Documents")

2. Install the DI-Upgrade Win Application
(swap the .dll from the DI .zip file in case you own the Vetta Head - check the included file readme.txt)
3. Use the output .syx from Custom Toolkit (Factory_203_m.syx) as input for the DI-Upgrade
(the new file will be in the same directory - but has the name: Factory_203_m_m.syx)

*4. Uninstall the DI-Upgrade Windows Application !!***********

5. Install the CAB-Upgrade Windows Application.
(you need the .dll from the CAB .zip file in case you own the Vetta Head - check the included file readme.txt)
6. Use the output .syx from DI-Upgrade (Factory_203_m_m.syx) as input for the CAB-Upgrade
(the new file will be in the same directory - but has the name: "Factory_203_m_m_m.syx")

7. Install the output .syx from the CAB-Upgrade (name_m_m_m.syx) into the Vetta

Notes: Each time a .syx file will be modified by any toolkit a '_m' will be added to the name of the file.
E.g. original filename 'vetta203.syx' -> Toolkit -> 'vetta203_m.syx'

So after running this file through all three of Armins Vetta Tools (name_m_m_m.syx)

Use MIDI-OX to send the file back into the Vetta:

Connect Midi out (PC) to Midi in (Vetta)
**Disconnect the Vetta MIDI OUT to PC MIDI IN **
-Press 'Comp' and power on your Vetta
-Press 'Edit'
-Press 'Save'
-Your current Vetta system file will be erased
-Wait ! (until 'Ready for Software Download' will be displayed)
-Start your PC Midi software and select the output file from the VettaToolkit: "Factory_203_m_m_m.syx"
-Press 'Send' (or whatever) on your PC Midi dump software (click for details)
-Wait ! (until 'Software download complete' will be displayed on Vetta LCD)
(It will take a few minutes)
-Press 'Save'

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting that, I just noticed that I totally missed that part of the faq. But it still leaves one issue. I loaded the "....._m_m_m.syx" file and I still don't see any additional cab models. I even exchanged the dll file and still nothing. Maybe I should be emailing Armin about this.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
kovachian said:
Thanks for posting that, I just noticed that I totally missed that part of the faq. But it still leaves one issue. I loaded the "....._m_m_m.syx" file and I still don't see any additional cab models. I even exchanged the dll file and still nothing. Maybe I should be emailing Armin about this.
Did you finally get registered over at ION? All the experts reside there.

Get those cabinet models working...they are nice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts