Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
VH-FYLT -full version

The Fiance' is out of the house today so I just had to crank this out. I am not a big fan of the song but, just adore the solo break! Edited the thing here and there just to shorten it a bit.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
You gotta make her leave the house more often, bro!!!!:lol: We need more of this stuff!!! Awesome playin' and killer tone, Strat!!!! :bowdown: This rocked!!!!:jam:

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
:jam:Yeah crunch!!!!!!!!
Great take Strat...funny I also love that break....awesome rhythmguitar.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't believe it, my three favorite dudes on the site!!!!! - thanks guys! Well, this PODxt is full of surprises, I had it on the Eruption setting and the low E string just sounded like mushy shit so, I tweaked the effects knob a bit and this tone came out. I still had to do a basic bass and treb lift with Cool Edit to really give it that beautiful crunch -bit messy though..

·
Registered
245 Posts
:bannana_g Hi Strat! I'm very impressed. Sounds very close to the original. Good tone! Would you mind me adding vocals?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RobertVanHagar said:
:bannana_g Hi Strat! I'm very impressed. Sounds very close to the original. Good tone! Would you mind me adding vocals?
Thanks RVH. You've got a great voice! Do it! I could redo the full version if you want to wait a day or so (would like to fix the bad timing and clipping). Let me know.
:thumb:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Strat, you sound amazing on this, man! Time well spent while the woman was away! You should make it a weekly thing :lol:

Seriously, amazing playing and tones on this track! :thumb:

·
Registered
245 Posts
strat78 said:
Thanks RVH. You've got a great voice! Do it! I could redo the full version if you want to wait a day or so (would like to fix the bad timing and clipping). Let me know.
:thumb:
Hey Strat, thanx for the props. I'm working on the song right now, tryin' to get the vocals down. I'll post it once I get it done. About the timing, I've been having to adjust to it, but if you wanna do the full verz, I'm down for it too.:thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
great version mate and I seriously like the RVH singing on the collab version too. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Goport! This is a different version than the collab with Robert. I just wish I had done the original post like this take (I fixed the timing, mixed down the bass, mixed up the drums and ended the solo in a way that just tickles me to no end). Again, these POD's are unbelievable.

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Man oh man Strat! This kicks major ass man! Kick ass tone,, kick ass playing! you need to post more bro! This totally rocks! 5 stars on this track for dam sure! WTG! Hope you start posting more of this,, loved this track!:thumb: :rock: :rock:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks so much Scott! RobertVanHagar and myself did another version of this tune and posted it below. However, my timing on that old track was way off so be on the lookout for Roberts fantastic vocals on this new track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts