Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another VHI cover but what the hell! -prossbloom225 posted a question about standard fender trem set-ups so, I decided that before I give out advise, I should walk my talk.
I love the sound of the vintage trem set-up so I am willing to put up with the fuss it requires to keep them in tune. Listen for yourself. I recorded this tune without having to re tune. It does go out at times but, with a little womping on the bar, it always comes back: listen to the part at the end, when I bend a string it goes flat (WHAMMY BAR and its back); too exuberant with the dive bombs?(a little warbling with the bar and its back). Pain in the ass but in the least it keeps me from over using the bar.

I also was experimenting with Cool Edits graphic equalizer, to see if I could beef things up a bit so, there is a variation in tone towards the end.

Thanks to DANNY DANZI for posting this backing track! I had a ball with it!

·
Registered
64 Posts
[mp3]http://www.guitars101.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=10737[/mp3]

Sounds sweet............John:thumbup:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dude you rock!!!! I guess you can make the standard trem stay in tune.

·
Registered
180 Posts
:)

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. I really love the beginning of the solo because, it kinda sounds like those little jingles that ice cream trucks play when they drive through the neighborhood -sped up of course (did Ed have this in mind when he came up with the lick?). -Real bitch to play though, its a damn seven fret stretch.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Another cool job on a Halen Cover, Strat. Possibly the hardest solo on VH I (thats the album not the TV channel lol) in my book. I take it you played the opening lick of the solo with the headstock pointing vertically upwards to facilitate the stretch? lol lol . Unless you really are Holdsworth, that is :cool:
Great Job, Eddies old Strat didn't stay in tune as good as yours :smirk:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The solo was rockin'. To be honest I missed the acoustic guitar intro. I always like the dynamic contrast when they went from the a nice soft song and then start kickin' a*****!! Good job on your cover and zany stuff at the end!

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
:doh:Man I feel like a twat when I hear you burn away like that!!
:DAwesome as usual Strat!
:thumb:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts