Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the VHI fans like me. Just love that run that Ed came up with for the beginning of this tune. I added a couple of riffs in the spirit of Edward's club days (just for fun). :icon_peac

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
:icon_jam:Just got up from bed.....decided to see if there was something going on?!?
Man this was wicked, I have one of your other versions, this one flows and swings.
Loved the sound and playing...hehe this must be one hell of a tune to play:rock:
Loved it....and I am downloading it.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I keep forgetting just how good EVH is. This is awesome :thumb:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys and gals. It's been my perennial hobby to try and capture the feel of Edwards playing on the first album. -Its fun!

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
(shakes head) - WOW! Fantastic cover, strat...tremendous playing:bannana_g

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
WHOOOOOOO!!!...Rock that song Strat!!!...KIlla!!!:jam:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This is fckin killa, awesome job on a classic VH tune!!!:thumb: :thumb: :rock: :rock:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Wahwah. I just listened to the original a minute ago and once again I am in disbelief over Eds playing. There were a few spots where I almost was convincing, but, I was struggling like hell and now to hear Ed play it with such ease just floors me (and Ed dreamed the whole tune up too!)

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Mr. Crumb! -you are too kind. Thanks atimmons. -sorry about the guitar going out of tune but, I just can't make the switch to the locking gear yet.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Naifuzan appreciate the comments. I've been listening to your "slow blues jam" That was some serious snake oil playing for sure. -Really great tone and screaming' chops!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts