Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok fans i have been watching and listening to alot of boots of Sammy era VH.What i have notice is on the 5150 tour Sammy never did a solo,to my knowlege?Just wondering what everybody thoughts are?Do you think Sam was uncomfortable about doing a solo?Was it all about VH?

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Well, for starters you KNOW he wasn't playing a guitar solo on the same stage as Eddie. That's just crazy. Also, his solo CD, I Never Said Goodbye, hadn't come out yet. Therefore the only songs that the mainstream knew from him were 55 and One Way To Rock and they were already playing them. (No Eagles Fly or Give To Live yet) So what's he gonna do? Grab a cold one and sit back and watch his next door neighbor tear it up. Just a theory.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Well as I heard it Eddie is the one that talked him into doing the solo spot, and like Toast said Sammy hadn't done I Never Said Goodbye, which has the two tunes Sammy has done the most in his solo spot in Eagles Fly and Give To Live.

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
VanMan2000 said:
Well, for starters you KNOW he wasn't playing a guitar solo on the same stage as Eddie. That's just crazy. Also, his solo CD, I Never Said Goodbye, hadn't come out yet. Therefore the only songs that the mainstream knew from him were 55 and One Way To Rock and they were already playing them. (No Eagles Fly or Give To Live yet) So what's he gonna do? Grab a cold one and sit back and watch his next door neighbor tear it up. Just a theory.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with one thing and that is 55 and 1 way to rock had never sounded any better than own the 5150 tour!Ed really was rippin on them tunes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts