Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well there you have it ! Some ass hacked into my favorite online community and murdered it right before my eyes ! God I hope some of those cool people find their way over here , before I slip into a deep state of depression ! :doh:You just don't know what you've got , until it's gone !

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Well try to stay positive everybody, it sucks right now, but just stay positive.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
This is very dissapointing news, I feel for Brett and their community they certainly didn't deserve this. :upset:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank God for you Angel , what are we going to do now ? I'm completely lost ! E-mail everyone you can and let them know we're still around ! We need to re-group and mobilize !

:werd:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
We'd love to have everybody over here, but hopefully without the petty Dave and Sam shit.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
The problem being is that a lot of people may not know where to go after such a site has been dissolved. Hopefully, ya'll have kept up with your contacts and can contact them via e-mail to join this great site. I know after the Pleasure Dome was pulled, it was pretty sad to have lost a lot of people from there. A good amount of them joined the Links but some were lost.

·
Your own personal Satan
766 Posts
What a bunch of shit. Brett might be calling it quits from what I read on another board.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
As I told Brett before, I'll back him no matter what. He gave me an oppurtunity to help run THE premier VH site on the net, and for that I'll be forever grateful. So if his choice is to shut it down, I'm with him. However, I do think he's probably emotional right now and is reacting based on his emotions. He more than likely pissed off, frustrated, etc and just wants to say, fuck it! So hopefully he'll cool off and make a decision from there, but as of right now I feel that he wants to call it quits.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Brett has done a superb job and I cant blame him for being pissed off. But some of the members HAVEN'T called it quits just yet. Good to see ya Figs :thumb:

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Yeah, I would give it a little time to be sure, he may decide it's worth bringing back around. Could also be a good opportunity to make some changes to the site if he decided to.

·
Your own personal Satan
766 Posts
stilleddiesangel said:
Brett has done a superb job and I cant blame him for being pissed off. But some of the members HAVEN'T called it quits just yet. Good to see ya Figs :thumb:

Hello there ed's angel! I'm new to these boards, mostly lurking and listening to some great stuff, no dump of course... but some good VH & other chat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Actaull, this would be a great time for Van Halen to finally aknowledge the work done by Brett and the lads and also thank the fans for their support during the tour and HELP!!!

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
stilleddiesangel said:
Actaull, this would be a great time for Van Halen to finally aknowledge the work done by Brett and the lads and also thank the fans for their support during the tour and HELP!!!
Absolutely, years of time and energy went into that, regardless of what people may think. A site that's been around that long has had a lot of babying to get it the way you want it, an ongoing labor of love. Then some fucker comes along and wipes it out, just like that. Brett has done an outstanding job with that site and keeping the community active, I am all for a full show of support in keeping it going here.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Yea it would Angie, I'd really like to see that. Not only for the links, but this site, Strungout, and ClassicVH.com It would be nice to see the band acknowledge all of us, and the people that run these great sites.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts