Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first collab I have done. It was originally a Lou Reed Track but I sort of ACDC'd up the backing. I recorded the backing track and vox and asked god* if he could do a couple of Mick Ronson type maniac solos as in the original. He did and ther are totally manic - it is more like he sprayed molten guitar on it!!

Hey, even if you don't like the song, the solos rock!

* God = Wahwah Watson :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
WoW!!!....You guys tore this up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....Fkin killa job guys!!!!:bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Too cool!!!! A collab with 2 of the site's top guns!!! :woot: :woot: You're starting to like this singing stuff,huh, Goport?:D Gr8 job bro...really reminded me of Lou Reed!!! The guitars were fantastic as well....as always!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was fckin awesome, fckin killa job guys!!! :thumb: :rock: :jam:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
This song is what rock-n-roll's all about!! I loved the guitar solos as they fit the song perfectly! My only comment about your vocals is that you don't sound quite angry enough. I'd try some growling or several shots of whiskey before each take! :drunk:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol thanks everybody!! ksdb, the original song wasn't really as violent as the title suggested. it was more a kinda joke "vicious you hit me with a flower" sort of thing. After singing that line I couldn't stop smiling through the rest of it so it was a bit hard to sound mean lol. that and the fact I can't sing to save my life :)

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Fuck, I'm paying you too much mate! Seriously embarrased with that introduction. :icon_redf When I get up at 5.45am tomorrow morning to go to my shitty job sending shit out from Heathrow Airport in a van, I'll remember that I should be on a fucking cloud drinking milk and honey from a Page 3 girls chuff! God isn't a fat 42 year old mate...he's 29 with a ginger beard, thick glasses and drinks in the Bull and Gate!

Getting back to reality, I didn't get to hear the vocals or the finished article until 3 minutes ago and I think you did a great job; vocals are nice and Lou-ish. Great work mate...I'm up for anything else you fancy. I really fancy doing some Blink182 cos their last album fookin' rocks! :rock:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Goport said:
Lol thanks everybody!! ksdb, the original song wasn't really as violent as the title suggested. it was more a kinda joke "vicious you hit me with a flower" sort of thing. After singing that line I couldn't stop smiling through the rest of it so it was a bit hard to sound mean lol. that and the fact I can't sing to save my life :)
I like the idea of sounding a little manic - a little angst always seems to go over well with the younger listeners!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't argue with that :) maybe next time the wife goes to bingo I will do smells lioke teen spirit!! LOL :)

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Great job goport and wahwah ! :icon_thum u should do that old tune "wildflower" by the cult goport ! U'd sound good doin that one !

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Man, there are so many good things about this recording. I know that you are going to totally reject this compliment Goport, but this is a very professional-sounding recording, all-around. If I heard this playing on a friend’s stereo, I would think it was from a real CD. Every instrument is very evenly balanced in this and I really loved the ACDC-meets-80s Alternative-solid-state-amp guitar tone with the slight chorus(?). I am not familiar with this original but it was a good song. Your voice in this and the Buddy Holly recording make me think that you could do some songs by The Clash. Anyway, this is an inspiring recording. Makes me wanna go down and jam.

WahWah, your years of experience shine through on your leadwork. Very good mix with this song.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you, thank you, thank you everybody :) so many nice things said :thumb: I am just glad you all liked it, especially wahwah as he didn't hear the finished song until I posted it lol!!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers Dong!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know I have pumped this but I really want to make sure that everyone realises that Wahwah collabed on this (probably against his better judgement) and the guy deserves the accolade.it isn't often you see genius at work and when it is on yourown track you have to take stock. I am sure Geordie and Mondo will understand wahwah is a class act and I was as pleased as punch to have the ex black rose guy on this. Respect!! :thumb:

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
gr8 collab from both!!!! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts