Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know it's VH tribute month....but I was jamming to some vintage AC\DC last weekend and man I love that POWERAGE CD....so I'll get prepared for when it comes up. I then decided to down a few brews (O.K. more like a 6 pack) and pounded out my version of Riff Raff....which is my favorite song from the early years. I tried to get a very raw vintage tone.....and I can't play it nearly as good as Malcom and Angus....but the spirit is there I hope. This is a really fun song to play if you have not tried it yet.:D

All I need now is someone who can sing like the late great Bon Scott....anybody???

See the backing track attached and PM me if you want to get involved.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
excellent version dude, love the old stuff ;)
I think we've all played most of the acdc tracks at some point or another, its part of the course ;)

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SLoB said:
excellent version dude, love the old stuff ;)
I think we've all played most of the acdc tracks at some point or another, its part of the course ;)
thanks SloB...When you say "The course" does that mean First "Smoke on the water" then "Highway to Hell" then the intro to "stairway to heaven" etc.??:lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Killer job on that dood! I'm a BIG AC DC fan myself - have been since before I picked up my first six string! In fact, below is a recent cover I did of Highway to Hell! I didn't bother to learn the "real" leads to it, but played my own in the "spirit" of the original. Hope ya enjoy!

Highway To Hell - Rj Style

PS: Any chance I could get my handz on a copy of that BT?

Rj

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RJ,

If you want that BT it's posted in the BT section of this site.....it's pretty good, but it is missing a short roll at the beginning of each verse which makes for a couple of takes to nail the timing for me anyway.

If you can't find it let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.

Thanks for checking it out guys...but I still cannot find a singer to complete it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
VHfanOU812 said:
RJ,

If you want that BT it's posted in the BT section of this site.....it's pretty good, but it is missing a short roll at the beginning of each verse which makes for a couple of takes to nail the timing for me anyway.

If you can't find it let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.

Thanks for checking it out guys...but I still cannot find a singer to complete it.
Great stuff!!!

How about this guy: http://www.guitars101.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28494 ?
He sounds just like Bon Scott!!!

Rock On!
Roy.

·
Registered
529 Posts
J-Mart said:
Roy,
I'll do a Highway to Hell with if you want. It about the only AC/DC tune I know off hand. Let me know.
Jeremy

Hey, Jeremy!

I absolutely LOVE that tune!!
Obviously I sound nothing like Bon Scott, but I'd love to give it a shot!
Pm or email me, and let's ROCK!

Roy.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ricklepotamous said:
i can ask a mate of mine if you want he sings as bon scott in an acdc tribute band. www.ac-do.co.uk he might be up for it?
i would mind being in on the collab as well if there is a space left?

what are you guys planning on playing?
Well it's basically done except vocals for this one.....but there's lots of other vintage stuff to work on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.