Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i DLed the amplitube VST plugin. what is it a plugin for? i installed it and doesnt do anything..
i dont even know what it is..... is there a program that its supposed to work with?

also what are some good stand alone guitar effects programs for the pc that i can record with?

·
Registered
886 Posts
It works like a VSTi. You plug your guitar into the soundcard and route the amplitube to a channel and you can record without external outboard effects. Personally I have tried this and don't think it's a patch on using my GT3 or a V-amp.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Guys a quick question about amplitube (thaught this might be a good place to ask it). Now have you i have very VERY little knowledge of computers but would love to get Amplitube so im trying to work out all the kinks before i get it. Now my question, how do you plug your guitar in? Does one need to buy a seperate guitar to computer link thang ( :D my knowledge here shows )?

·
Rockin the Free World
285 Posts
Howdy Wayward Son, I just went through this recently.

You will need some way to get your signal into your PC to process the sound. I used the PODxt (in bypass mode) to get a dry signal to the PC. I assume there are many ways to accomplish this, perhaps through a preamp into a sound card, or maybe a DI from an amp.

Then, when you get your signal into your PC, you will need some type of audio program to host Amplitube. There is a free one called Kristal, but any will do, as long as is supports the plug-in.

Hope that gets you going.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you chose, as well, there are standalone versions of Amplitube Live, amplitube UNO, and Amplitube 2. (Syncrosoft USB Key needed) If the VST is what your after, get yourself an elcheapo recording software to use it. Amplitube is quite versitile, but takes alot of tweaking in Amplitube 1. To get a nice sound with little inline noise. Try Guitar Rig 1 or 2 as well, you can get a standalone of that too. :jayne:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts