Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any wicked sounding Drum instruments. or the sounds for each drum for smapling.

I do Midi drums for my backings but would like to make them sound real by using a VST instrument.

CHeers

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
No matter what effect you use, it will still be midi, and sound like midi. The key is replacing the midi sounds with real instrument samples, such as soundfonts. Then apply VST or DX effects to enhance the samples with reverb, compression, etc.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok anyone know were to get good drum soundfints for mac then? lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers, i extracted them to a soundfont state. I just dont know how to use sound fonts in mac

·
Registered
47 Posts
is there any way to use drumkit from hell in guitar pro??? really want better sounding drums, and its so easy to make drum tracks in guitar pro.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Ruzyo said:
is there any way to use drumkit from hell in guitar pro??? really want better sounding drums, and its so easy to make drum tracks in guitar pro.
Sure!
- program the drums with Guitar Pro
- export to midi
- import the midi into your sequencer (Cakewalk, Cubase, whatever)
- apply DFH to the midi drum track using a sampler (NI Battery or whatever you use)
- export to wave or mp3!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Lol, I don't use samplers anymore. I've messed with Battery and Kompakt before but now I use SynthFont and FruityLoops to render midis to wave using soundfonts. You don't have as much control but it's alot less headaches:wutblau:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts