Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got new pickups!! err I dont know how to put them in yet and will probably take them into IRC Music for them to do it... o well they are Seymour Duncan JB Model 4 conductor humbuckers, black, of course, to match my guitar :D Dont know why I am telling you this stuff but o well I am so happy :icon_thum .. o ya, guess I should ask if anyone knows if they are good or not :p they cost me 85 bucks heh

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Hand of Cobain said:
finally got new pickups!! err I dont know how to put them in yet and will probably take them into IRC Music for them to do it... o well they are Seymour Duncan JB Model 4 conductor humbuckers, black, of course, to match my guitar :D Dont know why I am telling you this stuff but o well I am so happy :icon_thum .. o ya, guess I should ask if anyone knows if they are good or not :p they cost me 85 bucks heh
Excellent pups! :thumb:
Duncan has some great wiring schematics if you are interested. What kind of guitar are you dropping these into? Here is a schemtic for 2 hummers, 2 tones, 1 volume and switch. There are more configuarations if needed, just take a peek or post what tyou need...

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website/support/schematics/2hb_1vol_2tones_3way.html

·
Registered
733 Posts
ive heard good things about the JBs. are u gonna put it in that fender you have? remember youll have to cut holes for the pups with a router, and get a new pickguard.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hehe

el-I would do it but I dont have any of the equipment or skill of soldering (saldeing? misspell? who knows oooo) hehe, I'm dropping em into my Squire Bullet Special (120-130 dollars retail), but mine was use so it was 90 + 30 for a used IBZ10 Ibanez amp (10 watts duh!). They send schematic for it too hehe, which I understand and all, but I just dont have the stuff for it again :D

Matt- Yup, droppin em in Squire (build with a strat body).. It only carries on Humbucker slot so when the time comes ill route another one in, but for now ill just replace... I am sure that later I will get a SH-2 Jazz (another duncan pickup) on the neck.... My dad said that it carried the lower tone but it still has a good powering high tone above it... Think you can hear the Humbucker Duncan Pickups here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts