Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This has been a while in the making mainly due to trying to get stuff finished before I could start! Johhny about to start work on his next album so politely declined...so I stalked him and left recipes for BBQ Rub! It worked!!!!

Tried to capture the punk-ish feel of the first album...I think we did....what about you guys and gals???

For the record:

Left channel: Me
Right channel: El Jalapeno
All over the bloody track!: Johnny Lokke

Also...EJ did the pick scrapes, I did the twins in the solo section and the outro, Billy Biscuit-Tin did the drums in the middle :D...and thats all I have to say about this.

Thanks guys...great fun as ever.

Brought to you by the letters E and W and the number 6. :bannana_g

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ok, so it must be hard to play like that and sync to another guitarist, and to mix it to sound that good!!!!

Johnny sang this great, he got a nice ROCK AND Fin ROLL SOUND to his voice much authentic to the origional. The man is a genious!!!

The mix is perfect, the vocals are at a perfect position, the drums pannig is great as well!!

you know I believe this is BETTER than the origional, the iron maiden version didnt sound this nice as far as the mix!!

I give this a A+

any guitarists out that that are qualified to critique this? because it sounds good to me!!

FatesWebb

love how all of the adds at the bottom are for wah wah pedals when ya post!!, gotta love google adsense... (ill click them to help pay for g101 :)

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
This is incredable guys!!!! i don't know how to tactfully say this as i have never said it in a post...but you guys make me wanna go out and bitch-slap somebody!!! Damn...this is potent TNT power from all around!!! Totally kicks my face in!!! :doh: :shock: :rock:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Great fkin job guys!!!..You guys make such a great team!!!:twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Man this is fkin awesome guys, killa job!!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Thanks for listening folks :thumb: Once again, Wahwah brang out the better in me playing, and Johnny added the icing to this piece. Friggin' wonderful experience all around working with the likes of WahWah and Johnny! Glad you all enjoyed it!:rock:
I especially want to thank the number 6 for pulling this together! :D

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Fateswebb said:
Ok, so it must be hard to play like that and sync to another guitarist, and to mix it to sound that good!!!!
This is one of the secrets to making a Maiden tune stand out among everyone else, is getting the guitars synched. Time, patience, and a few whippings on the back with the cat-o-nine from Wah, and it was a breeze. Thanks for listening!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks to everyone who listened for their nice comments and to WW and EJ for inviting me to sit in with them. It was a great song to finish up with. Please keep in touch and let me know what's going on while I'm out! See you soon.

Keep it loud!
Johnny

www.johnnylokke.com

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
El_jalepeno said:
This is one of the secrets to making a Maiden tune stand out among everyone else, is getting the guitars synched. Time, patience, and a few whippings on the back with the cat-o-nine from Wah, and it was a breeze. Thanks for listening!
Back in Line Pepper Boy....ker-chingggggggggggggg! :werd:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts