Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a new wah pedal, but there are so many differant models that I don't know where to start. The only two I've played are the basic Vox and Crybaby so I was hoping to get some recommendations on other brands and models. I've heard good things about the Ibanez Weeping Demon, Vox Clyde Mccoy, and the Morley Bad Horsie. Anyone have any opinions on these or other models that I haven't thought of?

·
Registered
240 Posts
i got a crybaby i'll never use if u want it... my vamp pro's wah is better when controlled by my floorboard hehe... anyways yeah, if u want it pm me or something... i think its like a GCB-95 or something

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the ibanez weeping demon and its one bad mofo of a pedal. i would have to say that its the best wah pedal I have ever used. Plus the price is awesome. Go with the demon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
morley wah pedals have a very distinctive wah sound... u can listen to samples on musiciansfriend.com i think...
good luck :thumb:

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
I use a basic Dunlop for wah and tone shaping. I am on my second one. My first lasted like 15 years. I play Beatles to Iron Maiden and it does justice throughout. Built like a friggin' tank!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
The only one I have ever used is a Bad Horsie.....it seems to work well and does not have a switch....it just automatically turns off/on when you step on it. Sounds like you need to make a trip to your local GC...then E-bay.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
VHfan is right, I need to take a trip to GC today and check out as many different ones as i can. So the morley doesn't have a switch? That sounds interesting. I was told that Budda makes a nice wah pedal, but I imagine it's probably pretty expensive.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
I went to GC and tried out a few pedals. They didn't have the Ibanez so I'm waiting untill next week when they get some in. The bad horsie sounded really good, I liked not having to stomp on it to turn it on/off. I also tried a crybaby, i can't remember the model number, 535Q or something like that, it was versitile and sounded pretty good, so I hopefully after I try the Ibanez i'll be able to make up my mind.
The guitar I was playing through was an Ibanez Jem7v, I always thought it was a beautiful guitar, but I had never played one. It sounded kind of overrated cause I would hear people say, "don't play one unless you plan to buy it because your guitar wont compare to it", I thought that sounded pretty ridiculous, but I have to admit that it was probably the best feeling/sounding guitar I've ever played. It just fit me perfectly so I bought the guitar and left without a wah pedal :icon_thum

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'd have to say the Bad Horsie II is one of the most versatile wah pedals. The contour feature gives you complete control over your wah tone. It's better than a CryBaby, just my opinion tho.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, you might be right. I played the regular bad horsie so it didn't have the controls, i'll have to spend more time with it next week

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have the Bad Horsie 2, which is the Bad Horsie plus the contour option. Honestly, I never use the contour switch. I'd just save a little money and go for the original if I were you. It's still my favorite wah pedal of the bunch though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts