Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WAH-WAH does Thin Lizzy \"Still In Love With You\" (guitar AND vocals!)

Not sure how many of you will know this BUT, let me tell you, this is one of the songs that has been with me since I was 14 years old and I've always loved it. I saw Thin Lizzy at The Newcastle City Hall on the "Live and Dangerous" tour and when Scott Gorham and Brian Robertson stepped into the spotlight for their solo's, it was a magical moment and one that made me go home and take the guitar more seriously. I remember (if my memory holds out tho it is a little 'mushy' these days!) that I saw Thin Lizzy, Rush, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Be Bop Deluxe, 10cc and Rory Gallagher ALL at the City Hall in about a 6 month period! Glory days!!!

Anyway, I have found a better setting for the vocals and have spent WEEKS trying to get this as perfect as possible..doesn't mean I expect ya'll to like it-you may HATE it-but the main thing is I am happy that I've got this one down finally.

Apologies to the guys I was gonna collab with on this but I got the feeling that it wasn't as big a deal to you guys as it was to me so I laid the ghost to rest after it sitting around for the last month.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Re: WAH-WAH does Thin Lizzy \"Still In Love With You\" (guitar AND vocals!)

Beautiful!!! chris your vocals are really good, love this song and you sung and played it with lots of emotion fantastic rendition

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts

Ah TL....takes me right back to my teen years...uh we are getting old wahwah

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts

Good work sir - this is really special. The second solo is spot on. very sweet.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks! I sweated over this...the second solo has a little harmonic at the very beginning...took me 20 attempts! Thanks for listening

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts

I was gonna comment on that

·
Registered
490 Posts

Great stuff Chris..remember all those gigs at the city hall very well..my mate got blackmores neck!...funnily enough i've just seen Nils Lofgren there the other week & next week i'm going to see Steve Earle & the dukes !..remeber the bell ringing in the bar when the support was finished! what a great acoustically sounding venue it is beats these big cowshed arenas hands down!..loads of live albums have been recorded there..what a venue..Beggs coaches from Linthorpe..£2.50 (With the ticket as well)..ahhh nostalgia!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

[ QUOTE ]
dunnery said:
Great stuff Chris..remember all those gigs at the city hall very well..my mate got blackmores neck!...funnily enough i've just seen Nils Lofgren there the other week & next week i'm going to see Steve Earle & the dukes !..remeber the bell ringing in the bar when the support was finished! what a great acoustically sounding venue it is beats these big cowshed arenas hands down!..loads of live albums have been recorded there..what a venue..Beggs coaches from Linthorpe..£2.50 (With the ticket as well)..ahhh nostalgia!

[/ QUOTE ]

Beggs from Low Grange Post Office here mate!!
It was my Mecca mate. Other bands I saw there were Sammy Hagar and Def Leppard, April Wine, Yes, Camel...then there was The Mayfair...Ozzy, Ratt, Blackfoot, Journey and Pat Travers (!), W.A.S.P (had a LOT of fun there!), Scorpions...miss those days mate. My mate (Neil Hartley) got Blackmore's entire strat with a bust neck but had to leave the gig at that point as he was easy meat!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

[ QUOTE ]
vintage_brat said:
Superb rendition Chris. Always amazed at your accuracy and feel.
Keith
VGB

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks VB...I'll be suprised if many of the US guys know this song but Lizzy fans have a lot of time for it. Thanks for listening

·
Registered
4,255 Posts

Just Awesome work!

·
Registered
4,532 Posts

Never heard this tune(as you suspected
)!! But it's a killer song....Gr8 playing as always, Chris....and your vocals are really good here!!!!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts

WOW!!!!
This was amazing Chris, just outstanding job on this aweome Lizzy tune, this is defintly a keeper!!

·
Registered
472 Posts

Not familiar with this one, but, as Diamond Dave was fond of saying, "If it sounds good, It IS good!!". Nice playing Wah.
I will be for sure checking out some more thin lizzy, man there was some great music back then.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Killer job Wah-wah...... My fave song of all time!
Had the tears welling up! Superb!

G

·

good playin and singin wahwah.
vocals are a tad thin, but a great mix nonetheless.
great song.

this song makes me think of a girl
.....nevermind.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts