Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

WAH-WAH "PACIFIC HIGHWAY" repost :)

1K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  wahwah 
#1 · (Edited)
Posted this about 6 months ago. Keeps bubbling up into the 30's for the last 5 months at www.soundclick.com but then back down to the 70's! I love twin guitar style stuff and this is chock full of it. Think Thin Lizzy meets Steve Vai and thats about half right!
:doh:
wahwah.

#8 ·
Killer Mr Watson!! You must leave your POD to me in your last will and testament!!
For one day down the road in the year 2057....Your tone is just incredable mate!! :rock::rock:

#9 ·
Bulldog said:
Wow m8, loved the Tone and the playing goes without saying m8.

Simply Awesome springs to mind.
Nice 1 m8

this rox :rock:

stay cool
:rock: Bully
Thanks Bulldog. I'm a big fan of that other Blackpool lad, Mr Sykes. Wanted to do something Lizzy like. :thumb:

#10 ·
sgstd said:
Yeah...I remember this!!!:woot: I'm also a huge fan of twin guitars!!! You rocked on this Chris....class chops!!!!:jam:
Thanks man...we STILL gotta sort out a collab with something like this! :thumb:

#12 · (Edited)
wahwah said:
Thanks Bulldog. I'm a big fan of that other Blackpool lad, Mr Sykes. Wanted to do something Lizzy like. :thumb:
I have a little story about Thin Lizzy which I dont tell that often these days, because as time goes on it feels that it never happened lol :)

I left school in 1984 and my first job was at a spectacle factory that made lenses for Boots chemist and others.
As I was working there I met a guy who supervised another department who can only be classed as a Hippy, that was well into his acoustic guitar and so on.
I had been playing the Drums for 4 years by then and was playing alot of the Metal / Rock that was massive in the 80's.
To cut a long story short, he offered for myself and a few others to come down to a self made recording studio in Lythum St Annes, which is about 15 miles down the coast from Blackpool, to practice and play as much as we wanted.

We went one saturday afternoon, I had the pleasure of sitting behind the biggest drum kit I had ever seen in the flesh lol :)
and we got down to playing some simple rock tracks.
There were others hovering about the place, the owners for one, and other musicians just listening and crashing out.

All of a sudden the lads that I was playing with, sat down and a few of the others picked up the guitars etc. and started to play, I just joined in with the Jam and remember till this day how awesome it sounded, even with a young 16 year old behind the kit.
After & when everything had calmed down and I was crashing out listening to others playing some cool sounds.
That hippy I mentioned sat next to me and said, f*** me that was cool, we have just had the pleasure of playing with the Thin Lizzy guitarist, that was completely awesome, he must have said his name at the time, but for the life of me I can't remember it.

Now I wasn't a Lizzy fan back then, I was into Van Halen, Maiden and 80's bands alike,
So at the time I didn't appreciate what had happened.
What I did remember was the feeling of playing with such quality.
The guitarist also complimented me on my playing and told me to stick at it, which I will always remember, just simply cos it was so cool.

I think at the time I didn't believe that I could have experienced it and still dont as it was such a long time ago.(or maybe it was due to being stoned lol)
Till this day I'm not sure what his name was, he might have been a Lizzy stand in guitarist I'm not sure.

But its one experience I won't forget.

I had the pleasure of meeting others aswell, it was a cool time.

stay cool
:bannana_g Bully

#13 ·
Nice story mate...sounds like that woulda been Scott Gorham. I met him in Chandlers in Kew near London a few years ago. Great guy and very good guitarist...used to live in Putney but haven't seen him for a few years. :thumb:

#14 ·
chrisguitargod said:
cool track, nice 1.. id say its more maiden meets satch,
I suppose anything that has twin guitars is gonna sound Maiden, Lizzy, Wishbone Ash etc! Satch I don't hear but I'll take it as a compliment Chris! :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.