Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was having a clear out and found this demo from 2003. We formed in January and recorded this demo in April. Listening now I can tell I didn't have the Eddie thing 'off' and it needed more work. The rest of the guys were superb and I can't fault them. Once we got 30 gigs under our belt we started to gel but I found the whole thing under-attended and sadly the money was not what I'd thought it would be (it's not all about money but it's a job also!).

Anyhow, picked 3 of the 6 we did. These are the ones that DIDN'T make it!

'Eruption' I didn't include cos it's bloody awful...recorded at 8.30am with a severe hangover! The Eddie freaks on here would be at me like a bad smell so I chickened out.

'I'm The One' was great from the other guys but I hadn't done my homework. Too much phaser and I found this really hard to do perfect as it was all done in 1 take.

'Panama' just doesn't sound right. Tuning wasn't perfect, wasn't powerful enough at the beginning. Solo was close but the rest of my shit spoils it!

On a good note, the vocals are by a friend of the site...namely Geordie! He sings his ballax off but he doesn't have the blues drawl of Roth (he'd be the first to admit). Ian (the bass player on these songs) now does the Roth role. However, the songs I've picked are a good band effort. The band are still going and doing well. New guitarist is only 22 and really, really good. Look out for them in the UK from September onwards. Oh, and what did I learn? LESS PHASER! :toothless

1. Runnin' With The Devil
2. Jamie's Cryin'

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
Ok, I confess I haven´t read the literature on your post, but me, my beer and I have decided to get up and dance to this awesome version of Jammie´s Crying :rock: Oh man, now let the youngsters try to do something :thumb: Neeeeeaaatt rendition dude, not too many guys can get that fresh vibe on this one! (PD. This is true spoken, ain´t got no shit behind) :mix:

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
And now for ´Running for the Devil´,... OMG, I bought these lp´s when they came out, listened to a bunch of covers, but you guys have done it, :rock: :rock:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BleedingPinky said:
Ok, I confess I haven´t read the literature on your post, but me, my beer and I have decided to get up and dance to this awesome version of Jammie´s Crying :rock: Oh man, now let the youngsters try to do something :thumb: Neeeeeaaatt rendition dude, not too many guys can get that fresh vibe on this one! (PD. This is true spoken, ain´t got no shit behind) :mix:
Thanks! It's Friday night where I am so the beer flows! :drunk:

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
Hey Wah-wah, would you please post a cover of ´Take your whiskey home´ pleaaase :bowdown:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
WOW Chris!!!!:woot: These are killer!!! :jam: You and Geordie are gr8...as are the rest of the band!!!:bowdown: Please post the other 3 tunes...I'm sure you're being too hard on yourself ( I know because I do the same thing). Would love to hear 'em!!!:icon_thum

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sgstd said:
WOW Chris!!!!:woot: These are killer!!! :jam: You and Geordie are gr8...as are the rest of the band!!!:bowdown: Please post the other 3 tunes...I'm sure you're being too hard on yourself ( I know because I do the same thing). Would love to hear 'em!!!
Thanks sg...I'll see how drunk I get over the weekend!!! :icon_thum

·
mmmmm.............Beer!!!
695 Posts
You need to change your handle mate - 'Phaser' Watson!!!!!:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
377 Posts
mmmm, I like van halen WITH roth. no disrespect to sammy, but THIS is van halen!

I never could understand why they dumped DLR.

This is a good take, especially love Runnin with the devil.

FatesWebb

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rythameen said:
Way too hard on yourself Chris, awesome covers, me and my Miller Light were rockin. :jam: :jam:
Hehe...I just think the 'Ed' guys are a bit anal about all this and if it ain't perfect they're down on you like a ton of bricks! There's one place in the North East where I swear everybody's Grandma plays 'Eruption' whilst knitting!
:shock:

Thanks for the listen mate.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fateswebb said:
mmmm, I like van halen WITH roth. no disrespect to sammy, but THIS is van halen!

I never could understand why they dumped DLR.

This is a good take, especially love Runnin with the devil.

FatesWebb
Thanks mate. Seems to be a seminal song but it never gets the same number of downloads as the other stuff.

:icon_thum

1 - 20 of 32 Posts