Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

wah1 vs chrisguitargod (10 votes to win)

• wah1

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • chrisguitargod

Votes: 10 66.7%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
emotion

hi, here is my song its called emotion, its not been mixed yet and ive yet to record the ending. its kind of my baby, out of all the songs ive wrote. i enjoy playing this the most, as it means so much to me. your track sounds cool even though i had to turn it down because my kids were in the room. lol. you are a good muscian. good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot man i like what you did too and youn are also a great musicien ,i love what you did :p

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Great job to both of you...different style songs.....really good on both accounts.

Wah1 it was really cool with teh back up vox there! that was killer cool points and great work with the guitar

Chris great job on the over all song....not too repetitive and good lead work...lots of emotion....unfortunately it just ended and scared the bejesus out of me ha ha ha .....

Again great job to you both!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I like both tunes! Just give me a few moments to separate the two, then I will cast my vote. Good luck to both of you!

·
Registered
575 Posts
quote justforvai before edit.....
Both are great. I had to listen many times to decide, but what really got me was the part in emotion after 2 mins. Thats what really did it. The other song was great. It had a really nice theme and I liked the mixing a lot. With emotion, for me, the beginning wasn't that great. The playing was great but its repeptive for me, just a little. It had a standard chord progression, that well, I just didn't like a lot. I still liked it, but not a lot. Thats just me, I haven't ever liked those chords. The beginning was great in I wana..., but when emotion gets to 2 mins. its just great. :D Please don't take this in a bad way, I know the song means a lot, to you, and I know what you mean. Its just I thought you're playing was a lot better, than the chords you used in the beginning. I can't wait for you to get this done. As for I wana..., great song. Nice songs, both. Great. :bannana_g
*************** unquote......

dont worry about offending me mate, im not offended at all i still have around 4 minits left to record in this track. the simple guitars in the verses are meant to be just that, (simple) the main lead guitar line in the verses are beleive it or not much more difficult to play than in the middle 8 when the song gets ripping. the delecacys in the opening phrases took me about 40 hours so sound as flowing as they do. if you listen hard (and i mean realy realy listen) then try and play the delicate phrases you will see what i mean. its this part of the song im most proud of. the synth sounds come from my roland guitar synth (that thing is a bitch to play. i never quite gets all your notes) when i have finished this track i will post it again in a trully presentable form. there is a 2 minit prog section to come and the climax for the melody as well. thanx everyone for your comments .... peace.....chris

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Chris i loved your phrasing skills man. And i loved yor son sooooo much untill 2:00.....i think that suddenly heavyness was NOT really necesary and screwed what you were achieving at that point. Anyway, is only a sugestion imho, dont wanna sound unrespectfull to you, but i say this because you said that your gonna record the song again. The intro to 2:00 killed me man!!! it really touched me. Awesome.

Wah1 that was a smooth relaxing pimping song :) a smooth funk on a great produced track. Vocal is cool to but i would love to hear the whole thing with you jamming all over.

Im not going to vote. It would be unfair. Both songs are diferent styles.

·
Registered
575 Posts
thanks verga.. the reason ive posted this song in a unfinished state is because im unsure which way to take it. im mentaly a little stuck with it and just realy wanted peoples opinions on it. so i think when i re record it ill do two completly different versions, one with the way its going right now then heading to a prog style section then a climax for the melody, and the other version going more towards increasing the phrasing with a more delicate drum beat and more overall dynamics.. i agree that the songs are uncompairable they are so different in style its just down to whatever style people prefere. but like i said im only posting the song here for critical feedback. it realy matters not to me who wins the battle, cuz it aint realy a battle we are all the same here, just trying to improve our skills, both technicaly and mentaly. for me constructive critascim is far better for my playing than people saying thats cool because i just want to improve. even though praise also makes you feel good it dosent make you a better player, im 33 years old now and can honestly say i have never written a song that i was 100% happy with. but if im here in another 33 years ill still be playing because to me playing music is my life.. thanx ... chris

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thats right

Thats right. Well said. Now I'm going to go for my final exams, I think I've said this, already, but wish my luck, everyone. :D Expect to hear a lot more from me, after they're done. Nice, again, both of you. The songs just get better here. :bannana_g

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
hi and thank you all for the comment and the vote ,im sorry if i m not here more often but i m leaving france on thursday for good ,i m going back to london for some personnal trouble so i dont know when i will have the internet but as soon i got it i will show my face :shock:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts