Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
Sounds great man! I´d love to learn to play bass, especially fingerstyle. I liked especially the second one Flea-ish, and the third one.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I've got a rock ballad I wrote years ago which I've been meaning to get down, drums are bout half way thru but it would be cool to get bass on it, esp from you Chris ;)
when ive got time i'll get it sorted

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, send me it. Thanks Pinky, I find the finger thing hard on the bass cos as a left hander, my left hand is pretty useless at finger picking (I have never bothered to learn how to use more than my thumb and index finger on the acoustic...lazt git!) but I keep trying and it's improving. :thumb:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Im not sure if you know Dave LaRue, but he used to be with Dixie's Dregs, The Steve Morse band (and is currently with Satch on tour), if you do, maybe i could inlist your services for couple of Morse tracks at a later date, the style of bass Dave plays (and you by the sound of it :) ) is near impossile to recreate in a sequencer, would be great to get that kind of energy on the track.
Im also writing stuff all the time, it might be cool to hook up on a couple of tracks too :)

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I watched the guy the other night playing for John Petrucci and he was amazing! I'd give it a good go but he looked well tasty...Mike Portnoy was on drums as well. Send me the track when you havesomething and I'll pick it's brains.

:thumb:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Cool m8, im not sure when i'll start work on any of them, but i'll drop you a line when i have something for you (might be awhile).
Cheers :thumb:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Avalon said:
Cool m8, im not sure when i'll start work on any of them, but i'll drop you a line when i have something for you (might be awhile).
Cheers :thumb:
No worries...whenever mate. :thumb:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Naifuzan said:
This stuff sounds great wahwah! Takes me back to the ol' bass war days.
Playing bass is tons of fun, isnt it? Alot more physical than guitar...

Are you up for some Primus if I throw something together some time?
I don't think I'm quite up to Primus standard mate! But I'm happy to listen and see what I can come up with...and yeah, the bass is more of an organic thing with the fingers. :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Oh heck! Is there no stopping the Mighty Wah? Doing bass gigs too, quality :tu:

·
Registered
151 Posts
AC/DC:
Let there be rock, TNT, Whole lotta Rosie, Sin City

Greenday:
American idiot, Bouleward of broken dreams, Basketcase, When I come around

Metallica:
The god that failed, Nothing else matters (Studio version), Whiplash, My World

Nightwish:
Nemo

Rammstein:
Morgenstern, Rosenrot

Sepultura:
Roots, Troops of Doom

Stratovarious:
Eagleheart

Britney Spears:
Everytime (Heavy mix) :D

Kim Wilde:
Kids in America (rock mix)

Sorry for the long list, but if any of those would be something you'd be interested, please let me know. Those are all ready, and bunch of stuff is in the bakery.
Thanks,
-C-

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, just send me one for a start and I'll do that and take it from there. I don't know the Sepultura stuff but if you have the originals of some of them, let me have them. PM me and I'll sort out my e-mail with ya.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
There's no limits to your talents, huh? Exlnt bass work, bro!!! I think you're gonna be swamped with bass work from now on!!!:biggthump

·
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,810 Posts
Ohhh S**T!!!! watch out Chris!!! The flood gates are about to open, and your standing there with a dixie cup:eek: !!! LOL!!!! Really sounds great though mate, gotta love the sound of REAL bass!!! I may have something for ya down the road a piece......i'll let ya know!!!!:thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts