Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another collab...this time with the very talented Chris Newey (chrisguitargod). Chris does solo's 1 and 3 and I did 2 and 4 and the ending. We both chose very melodic twin guiitar things on the 'chorus'...must be a Chris thing! I like his trem work on that bit...very Vai to my ears...

Had a lot of fun doing it as his stuff was top notch and I had to try and keep up! If anyone can guess how I did the final notes of the song, I'll buy 'em a Duff!

Good work Chris...we'll have to do another SOON! :D
:bannana_g

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Very Vai-ish guitar work indeed.

This is real ear-candy, both of you.
Your tones are realy killer and I like how you harmonize and blend along the way. Very melodic music, kiddos!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CanyonCarver said:
Very Vai-ish guitar work indeed.

This is real ear-candy, both of you.
Your tones are realy killer and I like how you harmonize and blend along the way. Very melodic music, kiddos!
Thanks mate...yeah, I was trying to do the harmonizing thing of Mr Via but I don't find it very natural...took some work! Just the usual 200 takes!

:thumb:

·
Registered
575 Posts
thanks for your comments everyone. i think the different guitars compliment each other extremely well. as much as i would like to say its an one take improv it actully took me 4 hours of constant playing to make sure the phrases were how i wanted them to sound. my harmanized bits were 5 lead lines with no picking whatsoever just whammy phrasing. i also think chris (wah wah,s) sections were great, he is a very good player so i knew i had to work hard on this one.

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Gawd, I'm hearing double..............TWO Chris's?? This is frighteningly good, jaw dropping stuff. Excellent work you two, just incredible..............uhmmm did I say I liked this one?:rock: :rock: :rock:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
excellent, cool track guys :icon_thum
full of melodic flava!!!!
lov the harmony stuff and the dives

heh Chris(wahwah ;)) you just wanted peeps to listen right to the end lol ;)
hazard a guess at you were on the E string and pulled the string off the fretboard and back on to get that effect ;)

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Very cool jam Chris^2. nice contrast in styles and writing approach.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SLoB said:
excellent, cool track guys :icon_thum
full of melodic flava!!!!
lov the harmony stuff and the dives

heh Chris(wahwah ;)) you just wanted peeps to listen right to the end lol ;)
hazard a guess at you were on the E string and pulled the string off the fretboard and back on to get that effect ;)
1 pint of DUFF coming your way my man! :drunk:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Some terrific guitar work here guys!!!:jam: As Chris W. knows...I love harmonized guitars!!!!:woot: Gr8 stuff!!!:thumb:

·
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,810 Posts
Incredible jam guy's!! I think we all be wanting more of this!!!!!. :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
There were some beatifull harmonies in there!! The both of you sound fantastic...there is also this cool "bumble bee" bit in there...excellent!!!
:rock: :rock: Tones were killer!!

(with sgstd's guitar, and Chris' POD, i will have all the tone i could possibly use...and throw in one of those gizmos RID makes and i will be on the 7th wave!!)..

1 - 20 of 90 Posts