Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I used to be in a NWOBM (if you have to ask, you're too young!) band called Black Rose. We were strictly 2nd Division but released a couple of albums and a string of singles. I spent most of my early 20's with the band and miss it like crazy...we had a blast travelling thru the UK and on the odd occasion, over into Europe!

Anyhow, we recently got talking over the net (we live 350 miles apart) about doing some new stuff for kicks. We've been writing for about 2 months now and these are out first home produced demo's for nearly two decades! There's some label interest from Japan so at the ripe old age of 42, I might get an album out before I peg out!!!

These 3 samples are from two songs.

The first is a Dave Lee Roth /Motely Crue type rocker called 'Love Addiction'

The other track is more of a slow burner but has a distinct Def Leppard style ending (which you don't hear!)

As I said, these have been done over the net so they ain't the final product. I'd be interested in what peeps of all ages think of old guys doing this type of stuff.

Thanks,
wahwah. :thumb:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Wouldn't worry about your age m8 lol :)
Quality dosn't have an age, besides 42 aint old lol.
The music is great thats all that matters or should do.
the Guitar work goes without saying m8, Quality.

I loved them, no 2 ways about it, go for it m8
I love this type of stuff :thumb:
I'll look forward to your album.

You have my vote, best of luck with the record deal.

I tell ye what m8, its really sad to see such talent going to waste, and yet
the shite they shove down our throats on our radios.
its criminal.
I'll not go there cos this post will grow to a novel lol

Best of luck :thumb:
Really hope it works out.

Stay cool
:bowdown: Bully

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
very killer mate . gotta love the happieness of it .. not enough of that around these days . ive got a potential deal with a minor label too with a band im in . if we both get signed we should go touring together :D :thumb: rocking

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I LOVE it, Chris!!! :woot: Being an even older fart than you, I also miss playing with a band. Although I didn't achieve the level of success that you did and I only played in cover/bar bands it was the most fun period of my life!!! I lost complete contact with the guys from my last band(which was the best band that I had played with), mainly because I moved 2,000 miles away. I have tried to find them but, with no success.:rant: So....if ya don't mind, I'll live vicariously through you!!!:icon_cool I truly wish you guys all the best of luck with it!!! And please give us some clips!!!:jam:

·
Airborne Warrior
699 Posts
WOW Chris that was awesome, Your singer sounded like Eric Martin (him outta Mr Big), infact the song sounded like Mr Big, which is superb cause I really like them, It also had the late 70's early 80's vibe about it, Chris you know my address send me an album as soon as its done cause I am a fan

·
mmmmm.............Beer!!!
695 Posts
Woo hoo, wahwah's gonna be a rock star!!!!:devilchil Count me in for a CD when it comes out mate - sounding good!! Look's like your gonna have to buy back a 5150 or two for the world tour!!!:lol:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Cool stuff Chris :)
this is some excellent rock with attitude dude, really hope ya get that deal m8 ;) sounds like ya should!!!!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SLoB said:
Cool stuff Chris :)
this is some excellent rock with attitude dude, really hope ya get that deal m8 ;) sounds like ya should!!!!
Thanks mate...just like that '80's vibe y'know! Ain't gonna change the world but I'd like to think it could give The Darkness a run for their money on the songwriting side. :thumb:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mike4beka said:
Wah that was great! The production was right on the money. Is there anyway to hear some of your earlier works???
Yes mate...I'll post some up but it's very primitive! It amazes me that we can do this stuff over the net. We once spent about £500 to make the most abysmal demo tape....that £500 would be more like £3000 today. If only we'd known what we know now!!
:thumb:

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
:jam: Smoking pieces WahWah!
Love the feel of the tunes, they have a different nicer and more fun energy than all that dull shit that gets airplay today.
Hehe some old AC/DC song just popped into my head, actually two, wanna be a rock'n'roll singer and it is a long way to the top if you wanna rock'n'roll :bowdown:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts