Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WahWah GARY MOORE \"Empty Rooms\" Instrumental

Someone was asking about a cover of this. I did this as an instrumental as I didn't know anybody interested at singing it at the time! So it's a bit 'Atomic Hank Marvin' if you catch my drift!! There's 4 harmonies going in one part which was great fun.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Re: WahWah GARY MOORE \"Empty Rooms\" Instrumental

WOW.....that was fuckin awsome, I dug that very much.
I dont realy know any of gary moore's stuff except "still got the blues"(which I had posted my lame version of earlier) but there seems to be a run going on his material of latley....I guess I should go out and check out his CD......

I loved the sound you had on this recording....again enjoyed very much beautiful job.....thanks for putting it up, a def treat for my ears

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

You GOTTA check his early albums out! Try 'Victims Of The Future','After The War', 'Corridors Of Power', 'Run For Cover'...or you could get his rock jazz era stuff and try 'Back On The Streets' or his rock pop stuff on 'G-Force'...the guitar tone on the last one is horrible but he was trying to outdo Edward IMO and there's a couple of excellent less known songs such as 'You', 'Rockin' and Rollin', 'She's Got You'...it's all good!
Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts

Man...you continue to blow me away with your playing, Chris!!!
This is soooo wicked!!! Love it bro...gr8 job!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts

TREEEEMENDOUS.
THAT REALLY ROCKED,ALMOST THOUGHT GARY WAS PLAYING,KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK,AND LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT POST.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts

This was totally killa wahwah, awesome job!!

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts

Well what can i say , this is played with utter finesse . i think it suits been an instrumental , this really is put together very well , the harmony bits are less is more which always works . Brilliant ........!

·
Registered
292 Posts

Great version mate.

Don't miss the vocal at all here as the guitar has it so well covered. Lovely harmonies and tone.
You play this like you wrote it!!

·
Registered
190 Posts

I enjoyed this Wah, had it cranked! Gary Moore plays with a lot of emotion and you nailed it man. Great job.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts