Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WahWah NEW original...\'PACIFIC HIGHWAY\'

On holiday meaning I can play lots of guitar!
So did this one today. I love Thin Lizzy and UFO styles so thought this was appropriate!
For some reason I don't get many comments on originals but here's hoping!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Re: WahWah NEW original...\'PACIFIC HIGHWAY\'

WahWah that was friggin' BADASS!! I listened to it 3 times and I must say I love it.....very professional in sound and playing skill. It's playing like this that makes me scared to death to post anything original of my own. Did you just write this or has it been on the shelf? The tone is incredible too. I'm floored.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks mate. It's from a track that I think khaos had up and I just winged it as I went along. I thought it sounded suitably Thin Lizzy/UFO so I looked for a melody that would work. Twin lead is just the best idea ever mate. While I remember, I was talking to a mate today who went to Nomis Studios to watch Priest rehearse with Halford and to take some pics. He was suprised to find two drum kits there and when he tried to take a pic of the other guy they went 'NO!' Apparently he's the stand-in guy and has been with them years (he plays under the stage?) Had you heard of this Riff?

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I was asking my mate if it was Scott Travis cos he's a great drummer. But he mentioned something about Dave Holland from years ago. Also heard that the same guy was photographing Maiden for a new compilation album WITHOUT Jan Gers? I know he's moved back to the North East of England so not sure if this is just the album or if he's going???

Whoops...off subject!

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts

Awesome Wahwah!!!
Hehe it is great to hear guitar played the way I grew with hearing......it has proven to be worthy....
Going 37 and I still like to get better as well....I still practise(much needed too)
And I still like it.
Hehe loved it alot, great piece man!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts

Cool Tune Wah Wah....a lot of twin lead work going on...it's very tight.

I enjoyed it!

How's your hunt for a Vetta II going?

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts

This was awesome. Nice tone, very well thought out and put together. I'd love to hear you do more originals.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

[ QUOTE ]
VHfanOU812 said:
Cool Tune Wah Wah....a lot of twin lead work going on...it's very tight.

I enjoyed it!

How's your hunt for a Vetta II going?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've given up mate...my POD can come on the bus with me!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

[ QUOTE ]
VanMan2000 said:
This was awesome. Nice tone, very well thought out and put together. I'd love to hear you do more originals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me and you both mate! Gonna get my finger out and do 15-20 original ideas I've got but wish I could create drums and shit better cos it ain't convincing! When you hear the likes of POD GOD, Pick Up The Bones and khaos throwing stacks of quality stuff out, it makes me wish I could write that fast at that quality. Thanks for listening man.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
wahwah said:
It's from a track that I think khaos had up and I just winged it as I went along.

[/ QUOTE ]

You winged this?!?!?!?! Sheesh!!!
I could spend hours and not come up with anything like this!!!
This is killer, Chris!!!
I'm like you in that I love the harmonized twin guitars!!
Gr8 tune, bro!!!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

[ QUOTE ]
sgstd said:
[ QUOTE ]
wahwah said:
It's from a track that I think khaos had up and I just winged it as I went along.

[/ QUOTE ]

You winged this?!?!?!?! Sheesh!!!
I could spend hours and not come up with anything like this!!!
This is killer, Chris!!!
I'm like you in that I love the harmonized twin guitars!!
Gr8 tune, bro!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Er...well when I say winged, I mean that I got a melody and recorded that and then built the twin over 30 minutes or so and then put the solo pieces in. It took me about 3 hours from start to finish so I couldn't say I winged it

·
Registered
2,309 Posts

What the hell is wrong with those Line-6 guys. They should provide you the money for a permanent vacation. I probably don't just speak for myself, but if it was not for you and your gorgeous playing, I would never have touched a POD!

Yeah, I've driven the Pacific Coast Highway more times than I can count and the part of that highway that this song reminds me of is that stretch between Carmel and Big Sur.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

[ QUOTE ]
strat78 said:
What the hell is wrong with those Line-6 guys. They should provide you the money for a permanent vacation. I probably don't just speak for myself, but if it was not for you and your gorgeous playing, I would never have touched a POD!

Yeah, I've driven the Pacific Coast Highway more times than I can count and the part of that highway that this song reminds me of is that stretch between Carmel and Big Sur.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks mate...thats some kind words! Never driven it myself but I like the idea of a big fuck off convertible at speed EXACTLY at the point you mentioned. Me and my wife researched for a trip from LA - San Fran (via Carmel), then out to Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Vegas and back to LA...then she got pregnant!
My old bass player went there for a weeks holiday and saw George Lynch jamming in the Whiskey...
In fact, he never saw anything but the Strip!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts

Again, great clip!
Oh that would have been a nice trip but, CA should still be there when the little ones are old enough to travel.
My buddies and I used to drive down from Northern California to hang out on the Sunset Strip. Saw many acts at Gazzari's, The whiskey and The Starwood Club. Of course we were just happy to be in Van Halen country.
Hey, you have got to see Yosemite in May or June because, thats when those HUGE waterfalls are raging. Yosemite Falls is the hight of Chicago's Sears Tower plus the Eiffel Tower (2,425' in total hight).

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts

wow wah wah just excellent playin and composition ! Beautiful tone as well ! Like this alot my friend ! I for one love your originals and hope ya keep doin more !!!

·
Registered
886 Posts

It's a great tune. The harmony riff reminds me of Racer X. There are some great runs at the the beginning of the track too. It's going on my 101 compilation CD.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts

I like this a lot chris, you should do more....... this was great

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Cheers u 2. Words of wisdom from the centre of the known guitar Universe (North East natch) mean a lot. Linda, did you know Jan Gers has moved to Yarm from London? Wanted a good school for his kids...whatever next...Coverdale to Redcar?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts