• wahwah

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • verga

Votes: 8 44.4%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Chris, you stated before this battle was about wich song the people enjoy the most. Well, i was about to upload "Crushing Day" or "Surfing with the alien" because.....damn! "Bells of Lal pt2" is a technicall demanding song with a good taste all over....and i already heard your wonderfull work on it :icon_thum I think i dont have to prove to anybody that i actually can play some licks on guitar, and thats why i choose this song to battle your killer take. One of my personal top 5 Satch songs: "A day at the beach (New Rays from an ancient sun)" . Good Luck monster!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice

Nice :D . You both are part of the few great players here. Really nice. Its things like this that you, well, just listen. I went with Chris because thats more my style and you're both great at playing. It would make a really nice track to jam on, but it was really nice. The other song I think was in some ways better with the playing becuase of what it takes, and its less of a song that you can just get into and keep playing, but this was more my style and sounded really good. Nice, to both. I have to do a jam with you all sometime. I, now, almost don't want to have to, choose between these, but I'll choose Chris becuase of the style :bannana_g

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Wow guys that was top notch....

Wah as usual playing was right on the money, you too verga...also verga yours was so relaxing!

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Woah

Wow, nice playing guys. Wah, some serious guitar work there!!

I went with Verga's because if I didn't know, I would have swore I was listening to the record version!!!!

Nice job!!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
This is like the "CLASH OF GODS!!!" from guitars101!!! :bowdown:

WahwahKong: Incredible job man. The tone was incredible and your skills too :jam:

VergZilla: Is the first time i ever heard a cover of A day at the beach. It was 100% awesome. I dont think this song would be something i could play ;) Can you tell me what kind of gear did you use on this song? Wich pickup and guitar did you use? Im listening to it for the 5th time in a row. It was a hard decission but i voted for you. Amazing!!

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
excellent guiatr playing from both of you guys. I loved ewm both. this is an excellent battle of great guitar chops. I prefferred chris's rockin' stuff moreso,, so I went with his. killer jams from both you 2. wtg. this is a real close battle and a real good one. g/l to the winner.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wow! I couldn't agree more on everybody's comments. You guys are the one of the best players in this site. OK, you guys give me a chance to compose myself back and give it a few more listen, then I'll cast my vote...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
You people are so nice, im speachless with your words, really.

Gros: its an 89 American Fender Strat with Lace sensors. To achieve that Satch clean tone make sure to have a single coil guitar on the MIDDLE position (position #3 on a Fender Strat) with delay and reverb, and also an small amount of chorus on the mix. Did i say Small amount. Good mids and thats all. Its a fun song to play. I hope this helps.

Seq:sorry for my ignorance but what is a PULP? :toothless

Chris, it seems this is gonna be endless :) Still listening to your awesome cover.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, thanks people. I wish I could find this backer again! It's the actual album with the guitar taken off and I had it but about 2 years ago I had to reformat my hard drive as my pc was up the spout, and I've never seen it since on the net. :mad:

Thanks for listening, voting AND leaving a comment. :thumb:

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Good lord you guys, nothing like making it a tough decision, I see the voting is all tied up right now, but I have to give this a lot more thought before my vote, whatever happens, nobody loses in this contest, especially us listeners. :bannana_g

·
Registered
29 Posts
????

Newbie question:

Why does it say I can't vote on this battle if it's still marked "open" on the main page? I like Verga's better but just becuase it's a better song, play the other Bells of Lal (part 1 part 2 whatever) and you'll get the vote, that's a great tune. The slower one. Great playing by both.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I cast the winning Vote for Wah! That song rocked. Funny I was the one who got ya the win Wah,,,LOL:D .

Wah was the only guy that beat me in the guitar battles. I was winning 9-5 and somehow he came back and won. I was gonna vote against him just for kicks,,,,:shocked: :twisted: :shame: , but I really liked your playign on that piece Chris.

Nice Satch song as well.

Keep Rocking

Tex

1 - 20 of 23 Posts