Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
cryogenic419 said:
does anybody except extreme metalheads play these things anymore?
I was actually looking into getting a "Beast" becuase they are pretty mean looking:icon_evil :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
The bass player in my band was going to get a beast, but they don't make a 5 string beast and he didn't have the money for a custom job at the time, so he got the 5 string warlock and I gotta be honest...it sounds a lot better than I expected! I totally expected it to be a cheesy gimmick bass that was just designed to look cool and not to play well or sound good, but I was definitely wrong on both accounts. He is running it through a SWR workingman 4004 head and full stack (4x10 & 1x15) and it sounds pretty damn good! Good tone and great versatility! He is currently saving for another...he's either getting a custom 5 string beast, or one of the new "goth" looking warwicks, I forget what they are called. I am trying to persuade him to get the warwick...NOTHING beats a warwick...for any style of music (at least thats my opinion) ~Adam~

·
Registered
431 Posts
I tend to play metal (well only learning) but a mate of mine has one & I have heard him playing all kinds of stuff on it from some of the heavy rock stuff to light Mark Knopfler style playing & the warlock he has gives a nicely rounded sound.

I think the styling and design of the Warlock tends to make it very attractive to metallers & obviously not to everyones tastes.

If I had the money I would definately get one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.